Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
green river/browns park report 3/25-3/27
Made the anual march browns park trip this week-end.The weather was a little unco-operative.The fishing was good on and off (8-10 fish days, with alot of time staying out of the rain,was the rule)We did manage a couple of 25" browns,4 20-22",and several in the slot limit.All but one 25" brown was released.He was caught(taking a repala)with a 13" partially eaten rainbow 1/2 way down his mouth.we decided that a fish that would attempt to eat another fish before finishing the first one would do to much damage to the fish population,so we ate him to teach him a lesson.I will try to post pictures if I can get them from the guy who took them. come on spring! Lonnie
[signature]
Thanks for the report, did you do any fly fishing or were you just using lures? Sounds like you got into a few nice fish even with the bad weather. Look forward to seeing those pictures. WH2
[signature]
We tried to use fly's a couple of times,but the wind got pretty nasty at times making it very difficult.So spin outfits were the norm with repalas or jakes lures,Jakes lures were the most consistant and caught the most fish. Lonnie
[signature]
I'm jealous Lonnie. The Green in spring time is my favorite fishing of the year. Do you fish around Little Hole and if so, do you use the same gear? I usually don't make it there until late April. I can't wait. Thanks for wetting my appetite. DKS
[signature]
Hey DKS yes I do make it to little hole sometimes.The same gear will work there also,often better than flies.I use both with equal inthusment,but I'm not one of those guy's who look down on those who will whip out a spinner if that's what the fish are hitting.So try every lure and fly you have until you find whats working.I myself prefer browns park for reasons of 1-no crowds 2-better stream access,3-I find better chances for much larger fish,especialy in the spring.You have to watch the red creek run off at this time of year,it can muddy up the river from time to time.Good luck Lonnie
[signature]
Good report Lonnie. Thanks. Did you float this section or did you wade? I have yet fished the C section but by the sounds of it, I probably better give the A and B section a break and go for some solitude and some nicer fish with the C section. Do you like to use original rapalas or countdowns, and what patterns do you prefer on the Green if you don't mind me asking. My favorites are black and gold and the rainbow patterns.

Thanks,

Fishman
[signature]
I just walk the shoreline,I use black/gold,rainbow,brown trout,blue/white all in count down or sinking with no swivel,just the repala.Jakes lure in gold with red spots can be deadly,however you will catch some smaller ones on those.Later during the summer months take anything that resembles a frog,there are many frogs in browns park and I found small frog flatfish or super dupers in frog are very effective.Then for the real fun do a cast and blast in the fall.With the waterfowl refuge there,the ducks and geese fly everywhere,you won.t know weather to drop the fish on your line and shoot or put your shotgun down and catch the fish,but it's alot of fun deciding!Good Luck Lonnie
[signature]