Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lincoln beach sat 3-27

I had the day of fishing from hell yesterday. I knew I shouldn't have gone fishin' with a nasty head cold and all, but stubborn me decided to go out anyway to Lincoln Beach for my first time ever. Went to the "3rd spring" area because I found out the hard way that if you don't have a truck, then forget about the 1st spring area 'cause you have to cross a little water to get there. When I got to the third spring at around 2:00 it was raining/hailing and the wind was nasty so I waited in my car for about 1/2 hour and then it stopped so I went out and chucked worms/frozen minnows for a while, but the damn minnows weren't frozen anymore, and they wouldn't stay on my hook. fished for about a half hour with no bites and then I started feeling worse, and then it started raining/hailing again and after about 10 minutes more of that I went to go get in my car and call it a day. Well, after setting my gear in the trunk and shutting it, I realized that I locked my damn keys in the trunk as well![mad] Never had that happen while fishing. Good thing I had cell coverage out there so I called the wife and she drove all the way down from salt lake to get me.[unsure] I thought I was gonna catch nemonia but lucky for me a guy showed up and let offered to let me sit in his truck for a while till the storm let up. told him about bft. He fishes there all the time and gave me a few walleye secrets and also let me know that I was fishing in a way shallow part, and told me to bring waders next time, and a few other things.

So, other than learning a few new Walleye and Lincoln Beach secrets, It really sucked and I should have stayed home. Oh well, you live and learn. Next time, I will know what to use, and where to fish at Lincoln Beach and should get into some fish down there.

By the way, on a side note-I have never seen so much trash on one beach in all my life!! It looked like a waistland around that area. The DWR or somebody really should put up a "$1000 fine for littering" sign and a few trash cans there. I know it won't stop all of the morons from littering, but maybe it would stop SOME of them. The guy that let me hang in his truck during the storm told me of times when he's observed several of the "white bass horders" shall we call them (I think those of you who fish Utah Lake know who I am talking about without getting into race etc.) litter all over the place, so he will go up next to them and pick up all of their trash and put it in a bag and hand it to them and tell them to pack it out. I thought that was very ballsy and admirable of him.
[signature]
Well i saw how muh rain was falling so i had my wife bring the kids to my job and took them to see scooby doo2 .It actually was a good movie!I never fished the 3 rd spring. I have fished the 2nd and the one one the north side and have had good luck there.Last october me and my daughter walked out without waders[shocked] about 20 feet out and we caught over 50 wjite bass between the both of us and a few cats in there too.
[signature]
[cool]Hey ocean, did you get out there today (sunday)? I slept in til noon to try to fight this cold. It was really rocky over by 3rd springs, and that guy that let me hang in his truck during the storm said that it really drops off there, so you have to be carefule when wading there. With how much fishing gets done around Lincoln I would worry about stepping on fishhooks or lures! Did you guys wade with shoes on I hope?
[signature]