Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado Trip!!
Hey

Finally makin a trip to Colorado![Smile] Im heading down there on April 9th, goin to longmont. I plan to be fishing most of the time that i am down there. I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on fishing reports in longmont or some info on the longmont area lakes.Looking to do some bass fishing[Wink]!!

Thanks
[signature]
hey
im in longmont colorado right now. The weather is ok. went out on sat. and i was fishing golden ponds in 8 inches of snow!!! and only caught one bass on a spinnerbait. Went on sunday to golden and it was very nice, all the snow melted. but i had no luck except i caught a trout on a crankbait. Today i think ill be tryin a new lake, there are a bunch of lakes i plan on goin to this week. should get pics when i get back
[signature]
hey PunkBass thanks for the report.

I met a former park ranger yesterday from your neck of the woods. she just moved up here to michigan from colorado a couple years ago. She now resides in a state park near me.

good luck on your trip. I will be looking forward to your reports and of corse those pic's of them fishies[Tongue]
[signature]
hey
heres another fishing update.
went out yesterday and had the worst day ever. went to McCall lake and had no luck at all except i caught a bull frog on a fake frog lol [Smile]
even went for trout after no luck for bass and still nothing.
today i picked up some salmon eggs and went out again and caught one trout this mournin. yipee. but that was it
went to pella crossings today and found an awsome pond. was only there for an hour and caught one female bass that was full of eggs. not very big but she was fat. i figure they should be spawing soon.
i have given up on golden ponds. i'v caught one bass out of there the 3 half days i went. i'v tried plastics to crankbaits. but i think ill be goin to pella crossings instead. maybe ill catch more there.
until next time!!
[signature]
If you are still around Longmont, maybe you should try Lagerman Reservoir, i've heared the bass are biting there.
[signature]
hey liondross thats awsome
i went and checked that place out the other day just to see wat it was like and it didnt look like there was much cover but im gonna have to try it . ill be here till sunday. theres also musky in there. i wouldnt know wat exactly to uses though maybe crank baits. looked a little deep.
do u know what theye were using out there or any other info..
well i guess ill have to go there tomorrow. i have all day[Smile]
thank you very much for that info!!!!!
[signature]
I've heard they were biting on crank baits and plastics, on the far side of the lake across from the parking lot, walk across the dam and fish that corner is what I was told, I have not been out there this year, I've been spending most of my time up in Wyoming fishing for big trout.
[signature]
hey thanks for the info
i think ill be trying that tomorrow
do u know what kind of plastics they were using, i have an assortment[Smile]
if u have any more info let me know
thanks
[signature]
time for another report[Smile]
yesterday i went out in the morning at 6 to do some fishing at McCall lake and by 9 we caught only 3 trout, and only one of em was a keeper. yesterday night i went out to lagermans resevoir. The bass fishing was slow not even one. except i snagged a 7.5lb carp with a rapala. i got a pic of that lol.
Today i went out this mornin and the trout were biting like crazy, caught my limit in no time, also got some pics of that. didnt go anywhere tonight had to go to a supper thing, only one more day[Sad]
tomorrow morning we are goin in to the mountains to do some trout fishing and then later in the day do my last day of bass fishing..
im hoping to catch some bass tomorrow because the bass fishing hasnt been that good.
[signature]
GO GET EM PUNKBASS!!!!!!!!!!![cool]
[signature]
I wouldnt mind seeing a pic of that carp, I would like to see what I have to beat this year...

Last year I pulled up a 42 pounder, 36 inches long and almost 30 inches in gurth... Big fat one.... but that was last year... I need a new one for this year....
[signature]
hey

ill make sure i get a pic to u of that carp. im pretty sure you will beat that if u caught a 42 pounder.

Well the last day was good, but the bass still wernt biting. that morning went to the state park and got my limit of trout in no time on salmon eggs and panther martins. later that day went by estes park and went up in the mountains to do somefishing and got one rainbow on a small perch colored rapala.

im back now it was kinda hard comin back but it was worth goin. Hopefully my pictures turn out . i kinda got the disposable camera a little wet in the mountains kind of a accident. this happened to me before in minnesota and the pictures seemed to turn out so hopefully they still turn out so i can get them. ill be sure to put them on here when i get them developed.[Smile]!!
[signature]
great report there keep up the great fishing and reports
[signature]