Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek 3-28 report
Well folks, the boat ramps are almost under water. Another three feet and the new extension at Island Park will be wet. A few boats are using it allready, but it's muddy on the end, so we launched off the gravel to the south.
Water temp at launch was 40.
Fished all along the west shoreline with jigs and crawlers. Brad caught a big brown trout in 23' of water.
Moved to another spot and out deeper. I got a 20 1/2" eye in 42'. Same setup, jigs and crawlers. Water temp 43.Then I got a 17" eye.Fished a while and moved to a similar spot on the East side. Brad missed one and I got a 15"eye.
Tried more spots and moved back to the first spot. Brad got a 16" eye and I missed one.
Saw a mountain lion on the west side, right above the train tracks. That was cool.

Not a bad day for this early in the year. Four Walleye and a Brown Trout. Water temp at 4:30 was 45.
Walleye are skinny and almost black. They didn't make it through winter well.

walleyebob
[signature]
thanks for the report.
[signature]
Hey Bob, nice going, thanks for the water temp report. I'll call you later tonight. later chuck
[signature]
i have caught some nice eyes in therre... but the bad thing is they are always on accident... fishing for smallies. but there are some toads in there.. i caught one like 3 yrs. ago that was close to 8lbs or so. fishing for bass with a brown curly tail. didnt fight as hard is would have imagined.

JOe
[signature]
Jigs and worms, no trolling eh? Colors they were particular to this time of the year?

Thanks. gep
[signature]
Hey Paul, I was using the new bulk jigs from Sportsmans.
Northland, 1/4 oz., orange/green/ chartreuse/mostly white.
We always do well with that combination of colors.

The bite was really light. I was working my jig about six inches at a time and letting it sit for a few seconds. Two of the fish I caught, had it when I picked up after a short time not moving. Figured with the cold front and winds that trolling would be useless.

By the way,(Tomegun and others) we didn't catch a single smallie.

walleyebob
[signature]
Nice report , sounds like a great day . Thanks for sharing . I need to get a walleye this year . I pick up a bunch of those bulk jigs last friday so hope I get into them this year .
[signature]
You guys are right on the money with the brown jig,used them for years,but they are color specific and the color I use is Kalins,Lunker Grubs 3",pumpkinseed S&P,there killers up there put a piece of worm on with them and I have caught,Trout,Bass & walleye,Its bad news about the shape there in because last year they looked really good.

Thanks for the posts and the temps.

Later,FNF[cool]
[signature]