Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cottonwood browns & Jordan walleye (report)
Went to cottonwood creek in between 4500S. & 3900S. I caught one 18" brown on my blue & silver rebel minnow, had another one on but it got off. Then I decided to try the Jordan river for some cats got there about 2:30. Caught a 14" walleye right off the bat MAN! I got exited and through my bait back out missed a ton of bites and then on one of those misses I started to reel in to check my bait and WAM! fish on, it was a 16" walleye. That was the last fish I would catch that day but the little nibbles (MAN THOSE WALLEYES CAN BE LITE BITERS)and hit and misses went on for another two hours or so on the point of the sandbar I was fishing then died off. It's been a couple of years since I caught a walleye from the Jordan. I think I may have been on top of a school ready to spawn. Had a great day and all fish were released.[cool]
[signature]
What part of the Jordan did you fish?
[signature]
I wont say the exact spot but it was in between 4500S. & 3300S.
[signature]
the purpose of this boad is to share not brag. the real eye fishermen share all info. location depth and presintation. we are not selfish with the info but if you feel good about it float the boat. crossineyes
[signature]
What were you using for the walleye ? I caught a small one on the Jordan a couple weeks ago using white twister tail tipped with power bait.

about the same area.
[signature]
Sounds like you had a very good day of fishing! I love the Cottonwood right there. Some mighty big fish in them holes between there! I first discovered walleyes in the jordan the same way. Fishing for cats, and whamo! A walleye was on. Kinda fun in a way, never knowing what you'll catch!
[signature]
WHAT![laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][Tongue]I said I was fishing of the point of a sand bar! I also said I was fishing for cats but catching walleye, figure it out![Tongue]
[signature]
I'll PM you the exact setup I used.[cool]
[signature]
[Wink]Yeah you probably know were I was fishing the cottonwood(a certain bridge). And as far as the Jordan It's actually turning out to be one of my favorite places to fish just for the simple fact that you really do never know what your going to catch![cool]
[signature]