Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Walleyes
Fished lincoln beach over the last weekend and the first part of this week.The weather has really got them in a holding pattern.However, I was able to catch a few on 1/16 oz jig heads with a single wally world plastic curly tail. I was also catching them in the shallows with a blue and silver floatig rapala. Most of the ones I caught were over the 20" limit. This is the first time posting on this board, it seems like the best one around! I have fished and lived in Utah county all my life and look forward to sharing knowledge and experiences with all of you out there
[signature]
Thanks for the post and welcome aboard,This is the #1 site on the internet and you will find that out soon enough.

later,FNF
[signature]
WELCOME TO THE BOARD GLAD TO HAVE YOU ABOARD THANKS FOR THE POST
[signature]
hey larry welcome to bft and thanks for the report. So do you have any pics of these marble eyes???
[signature]
I just got my new digital camera/camcorder and just learning how to use it. I will get some pictures tonight as I am going to fish until about midnight. The eyes are coming in good at dusk until about midnight. They are shallow, about three feet or less, so I use a Thinfin or rapala and reel just fast enough to contact bottom, then back off a little. The eyes hit it real hard! I still cant believe they can see that lure in that murky water with no light whatsoever! You cant even see your hand in front of your face. Anyway, the ones I have caught so far have been large males, about three to five pounds, except this morning at sunrise I caught my first female, About seven pounds. She was gently returned to do her part to provide us with future eyes to catch. Hope this helps you out there to catch a fish or two! [Smile]
[signature]
I forgot to mention in previous post, that the best colors in the thinfins has been red and then blue metalic. Hope you guys have some in your tackle box, as storm quit making thinfins last year. If you Know anyone that has some, buy them, or tell me where they are and I will! They are the best lure for eyes at Utah Lake bar none! Floating rapala's are distant second per my experience. Cast out, reel fast till you hit bottom,then back off a little, when you hit again, stop, pause a second,(lure will start to float up), and alot of the time that is when the eye will hit. Be ready as they hit it hard and will push the lure towards you, giving you slack line. Reel it fast and set hook hard as they have a hard mouth. Boy, I've gotten myself all exited and I have to go get after them again. Tough life, but someones got to do it![unsure]
[signature]
welcome to the site larry and thanx for all the info you are so willing to share
[signature]

Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing your knowledge. I grew up in Payson and still have family in West Mountain and Salem.
[signature]
Wellcome to the board. Thanks for the good info! TM
[signature]
First off welcome. I'm sorry if I am repeating a previous question but I had was limited on the time I had to read inquiries that may have been already visited. But what time of the day were you getting the most hits?

INSANE4THEGAME
[signature]
Hey i am planning on going fishing for them on friday evening.About when does the bite start and end for the walleyes?
[signature]