Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 03/30/04
Went to Willard with FISHFEARME2. We went to the corner were the South and West dikes meet. There was a guy there that had three Wipers that he had caught on worms. Arrived there about 1800, appearently everything shut down shortly before we arrived, which supprised me because I'd thought thats when the Wipers started geeting active. FFM2 used artificial lures and I was working the baits. I caught a small channel cat on chicken late in the evening and FFM2 didn't have any hits on the lures. Later FFM2 did catch another small chanel cat on worms. It wasn't fast and furious but what the heck you just got to keep going

INSANE4THE GAME
[signature]
Thanks for the update. Was the water level up to the dike yet?
[signature]
Thanks for the fishing report! I am interested in fishing Willard Bay but I dont know where to go to fish there. Can you give me some directions to some of the fishing hot spots on this lake? I live in SLC so directions off of I-15 would probably be best. Thanks!!
[signature]
The water wasn't even near the dike yet. As far as directions from SLC here is where we went. Take I-15 North past Ogden to Smith and Edwards store. take exit to willard bay. When you get to the sign to turn to state park (right) don't turn go straight. This road will get you out to a dirt road that follows the dike all the way around the lake. You can park anywhere and go up over the dike. we were in the s,w corner
[signature]
Hey ffm2, what condition was the dirt road in? Is it a mess from winter or is it not too bad? Thanks for the report.
[signature]
mateo, I was out at Willard 2 weeks ago and the road wasn't to bad. I went all the way around the west dike up to where they park to go duck hunting.It was a little muddy in spots and alot of chuck holes.
[signature]
As long as there aren't any big ruts, I'll be ok. Thanks for the info icefool.
[signature]
swankmi,

I'm sure you have already seen it but incase you haven't FISHFEARME2 gives a great discription of the way to get to the South and West dike. If you want to go to the South Marina at Willard then instead of going straight you just turn North at the sign. I haven't been there this year but from what others have posted it sounds pretty dry.

Good luck

INSANE4THEGAME
[signature]
Thanks for the info! I have also heard that the water level is really low. However, I have never fished Willard before so I figured I would give it a try. A bad day fishing is better than a good day at the office!
[signature]