Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DO YOU TAKE YOUR DOGS??
SO I HAVE A GOLDEN AND A BLACK LAB, I TAKE THEM FISHING WHENEVER POSSIBLE THEY LOVE TO CAMP AT FLAMING GORGE. THERE ARE SOME PLACES THEY CANT GO OF COURSE BUT I TRY TO FISH PLACES THEY CAN GO....SO MY QUESTION IS THIS, IF YOU ARE IN A BOAT, DOES IT MATTER IF YOU HAVE YOUR PUPPIES NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE?

WHO ELSE TAKES THE PETS WITH EM TO HAVE SOME FUN WITH FISH?[cool]
[signature]
For my dog it all depends on the enviroment and crowd on the trip. If she isnt going to be a bother and the babysitter (the girlfriend) is coming with us then she gets to go. But if I am on someone elses boat, at a place where she cant be or in a crowd where she would be a nuisance or unappreciated for being there, she gets doggy sat instead. I have been working on my boat for the last few weeks and I can tell she knows what is going on. and she will be with me when I hit the gorge on the weekend of the 17th.
[signature]
I took my akita ice fishing with me. She stayed nearby, and even helped me haul the sled back up the hill. Maybe she just wanted to go because I gave her jerky as a treat.

I don't have a boat, and she won't fit on the pontoon, but I wouldn't have a problem taking her fishing on the shore though.
[signature]
I always take my yellow lab fishing, because i'm never in a crowded area, and she goes almost everywhere with me anyway. It is a good to take them anyway, so they will have more room to run and exercise, especially for big dogs![cool]
[signature]
I usually take my my dog .She is a boxer terrier mix she always stays near us and never runs off.She is a good sled puller too!And she is very protective over my kids.She wont let them go off on their own alone even if its 10 feet from us.
[signature]
i always take my dog. have a 2 yr old female boxer and she's stuck in an apartment too much. I usually try to go somewhere that she can run around freely and enjoy the outdoors. She always has a blast.
The exception will be this winter if i decide to get out and do some ice fishing. Have always wanted to try it, but don't have a clue as to what equipment i need to pick up.
I bring my golden lab with me everywhere I go just about! she loves icefishin with me, even though her poor paws get bloody some times? but she always goes with me
[signature]
i bring my schnauzer with me fishing she loves the boat but deer creek they say no dogs well i didn't know that so i had to hide her when i went there last time i wonder why they don't let you bring dogs there ? oh well she loves it and i love to bring her she gets excited when someone gets a fish i think more then we do
[signature]
My daughter has a 6 month old black lab and when she goes with me fishing he goes also. He sits and waits for us to bring in a fish and then tries to play with it. He has a soft mouth so he doesn't hurt them.Alot of times he tries to chase them when we release them. Actually he is part of the family so where we go he goes.
[signature]
They are a little more particular at Deer Creek because it is a source of municipal water for the SLC area. When I was a youngster (been a few years) I was once yelled at by a ranger in a boat, to get out of the water, because I waded in the water in Deer Creek! Times have changed a little, but apparently not enough to allow pets in the water.
[signature]
Yeah no dogs allowed, it would be a major crime to see a pooch had dropped a bomb along those wonderfull shores. Yet those that make the rules dont seem to realize how many fish, ducks, gulls, etc.. etc.. etc.. crap in the water daily. Whats more I wouldnt dare guess how many swimmers and skier's use it for a toilet the instant they entire the water. And lets not think about how many deer and elk dropping find their way into the water during the run off. Man the list goes on and on but dont you dare take a pooch there. I dont owen a dog but find something twisted about that way of thinking.
[signature]