Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brough Report 3/27
Tincanfsh, K2 and I decided to take our yaks to Brough reservoir last saturday for a little trout fishing. Got to see Tin's new Corbra Navigator (nice yak bro). I guess I'm a bad influence as he is spending his sons college money on plastic toys. Brough is located near Pelican Lake in Uintah County. We were trying for a big ice out brown trout, but it was not to be. The weather was partly cloudy with a light breeze when we arrived. Water temp was very cold.

The Plastic Fleet (Tin's is the blue one)

[Image: l77135.jpg]

A Smiling Tin

[Image: l77136.jpg]

K2 at Home on the Water

[Image: l77137.jpg]

Many rainbows were hooked and released. Nothing huge, but decent size Billy Bass. They were hungry for my favorite Rapala flavored crankbaits.

[Image: l77138.jpg]

The marginal weather began to deteriorate. We were forced to seek refuge and consume junk food until a hole in the weather allowed us to launch again. It was deceptive however, and a huge cell rolled in and began to deposite snow horizontally. Tin and K2 could have toughed it out, but alas I am getting older and I hate the cold.

[Image: l77139.jpg]

Just before bailing, K2 managed to trump the old guys with the only brown of the day. Granted it was small, but large enough for us to have our noses rubbed in it by K2. The lad has a lucky gene that could even offset the juju the likes of Tincan and Kent LMAO.

[Image: l77140.jpg]

All in all, a fun day on the water and a good day to be alive. Also, Tin managed to get the skunk off his new ship. Later

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Hey Kayote great report. Great pics too. Thanks for the info. Glad you had fun despite the weather.

I'm hoping the weather will hold up for me -- heading out tomorrow morning to the I80 pond for some bassin.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I've been wondering how it was doing. I thought about running over there Tuesday when Bullock wasn't producing much of anything. I guess I'll have to make a trip some evening after work next week.
[signature]
Curtisfish,

I may head over to Bullock this weekend to see if the boy and I can knock some of those tigers. You'd never know at Bullock if it's a tiger, bow, brown or smallie on the line. I like that. If the weather improves we may try the yaks at the Gorge. I still want to be towed around by a mack. It's not a yellowtail or white seabass, but it would do for now.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
That's what I was hoping for on Tuesday. We fished spinners, spoons, minnow spins, your favorite flavored cranks, dough from the bottom, worms from the top. Nothing, nada. Another guy I know was there and he caught one 10" Rainbow on a Black/Yellow Panther. I only saw two other people there and they had nothing when I asked.

Everyone including us were fishing from the dam either by the inlet, or by the island. You should be able to do a little better from the yaks. I might have some time on Saturday if you will be over there then. I will be doing some work in the old tribal building just a few hundred yards up from the turn off on the LaPoint road. As always with computer work; Start a process and then just sit and watch the paint dry for an hour. I'd rather cast for an hour, start another process, and repeat.
[signature]
I forgot to mention that Tincan went to the Stein on his yak sunday and knocked some largemouth. He said one was 18 inches. Lucky dog, lucky dog...........

Kayote
[signature]
[size 1]"The lad has a lucky gene that could even offset the juju the likes of Tincan and Kent LMAO."[/size]

[size 1]Isn't this the same lad that also got skunked at Pelican the same day the rest of us did? He may have good juju; but unfortunately, my bad juju is badder than his is gooder -- at least it was on that day. Most of the time he must be one heck of a fisherman, because Tincan spoke of him as if he was some kind of fishing legend.[/size]
[signature]
He was just hiding them that day because he didn't want us to feel bad. He's real sneaky. LOL

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Hey Kayote,

Thanks for the report and the pic's. That was a great trip. If the weather was just a little better it would of been perfect. Thanks for showing me where it is at. I hope that we can get another trip in before you take off for the big Salty.

[Wink]Tincanfsh
[signature]