Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deceptive practices?
Just had to sound off. My wife, for a late Christmas present (February), decided to buy me some new speakers for my van to go with the new cd player. 6 to be exact. So she goes to [url "mailto:B23t"]B**t[/url] B*y and they set her up with some good 6X9's (doors and sides). The kid talked her into some decent speakers and also an extended warranty. No problem there. They also tell her about an 8 issue freebee of a sports magazine. Cool. Well I got my credit card statement and am wondering why on the first week of March, I get a $27.95 charge.Then posted on March 30 here's another $55.79 charge. (services and merchandise) So I call up the credit card company. The helped me out and got ahold of the sports magazine. No problem on the first charge. Credit me then and there. The $55 charge, I have to fax them a copy of my statement so they can decipher what it is, because YES it is their charge. Must be a mistake they tell me. Ok, I accept that, I'm calming down now.

All that done, I then call the local B**t B*y and ask for the manager. I finally get her and she tells me 'Didnt' your wife read the script or what was written up on the credit card signing doo hickey? You get 8 free copies, then you get billed for a subscription unless you send in a post card cancelling it. I asked her if this was good customer service. She said to me, "We have excellent customer service sir, we did everything legal beholding to us. I said if you had excellent customer service, your cashier would have explained it to my wife, or at least mentioned to her our credit card will automatically be billed after 8 issues if we don't get ahold of the sports magazine.

Asked if I didn't get the 2 postcards from the sports magazine to return them for cancelling the subscription, I said -hell, junk mail is coming in every day, if I got it it got chucked. Just more garbage. I told her that BB just lost a customer for life.

Maybe the fine print should have been read. Maybe it's my honey's fault for wanting to just buy some speakers for me, and not looking for something out of the ordinary. Too good to be true with no catch.

Hope no one else gets caught up in this. Is it deception, bad customer relations/service. Me, I think so.

Thanks for letting me blow off steam
[signature]
I SEEN A REPORT ON THAT STORE AND ANOTHER ONE C'''''''''''''T C''''Y THEY MENTIONED A COUPLE OF OTHERS ALSO. ON DATELINE, 60 MINUTES OR ANOTHER NEWS SHOW ABOUT THE DECEPTIVE PRACTICES THESE STORE USE (TO FOR LACK OF A BETTER WORD) CHEAT CUSTOMERS.
[signature]
i dont like credit cards in the first place. cash or nothin i figure, but you guys also need to know somethin i heard if ya go to buy a car too. i see it on the early show last week, the dealer that gits ya financin can add on there own interest, tax, gits a lump sum fer sellin it to you, like an insurance guy does, works on commission, well i say interest cause i fergit the word. but when they give ya their loan thru there financin company, they git a percentage, or credit to themselves by gitti you this loan thru them. if ya dont ask about it how much there giing off you fer the sale of this car you vcan git more than what your barganin fer. they say 0 tax, or o 0/0 on your loan and addin another percentage, some sneeky, and is also legal fer them to do, the early show said.[Sad] {the salesman} so watch out fer that. i dont know if this is on just new cars but i think they meant used tooo. later
[signature]