Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 6/19
Got on Scofield about 8:30 and had fish on all day until 2 when we left. Dropped anchor on the point south of the boy scout camp and stayed there all day. Had to put into shore when a storm blew over. Brought home our limits and turned back three times that many. Most were in the 12-14 inch range, my brother got one that was just over 18 inches, my dad had a couple 16 inchers, the rest were about average. Eating fish tonight.

Couldn't catch them on the crawlers and couldn't keep them off the power bait, didn't matter the color. Some would play with it before they'd get on, while others would just hit the drive through for take out. They'd take a rod if you weren't paying attention.

Sorry no pics, the wife had the camera at a bridal shower thing for my sister and none of us were going to be caught withing fifty miles of that hen party.

Oh, if anybody finds a dark brown straw Resistol hat in that area, my grandfather lost his. It stayed about a foot under the water and we lost sight of it and before we could get close enought to snag it back. It's more a sentimental thing for him I guess. I never thought a staw hat would sink.

Made for a wonderful day fishing.
[signature]
Thanks for the report pleasantmisery. I'll be over there in a couple of weeks. Last year over the 4th., they were taking Power Bait over minnows. I did notice that with Minnows, we caught more Cutts, and with PB, more Bows.

My girlfriends brother has a metal art booth at the show on the 4th. weekend. I'm sure we'll run over like last year and fish the private/public access area over by the island.
[signature]