Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porcupine Reservoir Questions
Just a few questions about Porcupine Res. I've never been there. May try my luck with it within the next few days.

What's the best way of getting there from Salt Lake, and how long of a drive?

And is there any ice on it?

Thanks
[signature]
The Drive is about an 1 hour and 45min from SLC. The best way if you have not been there is to take I-15 to Brigham City and take the Brigham-Logan exit. This will put you on Highway 89-91 through Sardine Canyon. When you come out of the canyon you will be at Wellsville. When you get to the first Stop Light turn right onto Highway 101. This will take you to Hyrum. At the Three way stop sign in Hyrun turn left onto Main Street. This will take you through the center of Hyrum. When you get to the Stop Light turn right on to Highway 165. This will take you to Paradise. At Paradise the road will have a curve to the left at the church. About a block past the church turn to the right. This will take you to Avon. Avon has a curve to the left as well and about a block past this curve, turn to the right. As you go down a short hill you will cross the Little Bear. Just after crossing the river turn Left. This road will take you to Porcupine Dam. It is asphalt to the bottom the the dam then gravel the last 300 yard to the top of the dam.
[signature]
I fished there today with no luck. Trolled around using a variety of lures. Did not notice any of the bank fisherman catching anything either
Thanks for the information guys.
[signature]