Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orange Beach Alabama Report
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]The report for Orange Beach has been kind of slow for Cobia fishing. The water is still cold but there has been some activity in the last day or so. There were 6 Cobia caught yesterday and probably about that many more seen. The fish have been hanging on turtle’s thus far, which is not uncommon but it is not until the end of the Cobia migration that this normally takes place. We Cobia fished last Friday and did see a pair of fish on a turtle but they eluded us. The angler made a good cast and everything looked right from the tower but the fish just was not interested. We have been offshore bottom fishing the last couple of days with some good success on the Triggers and the Bee-liners. We have done pretty fair on the Scamps and Groupers. We had 5 Red Groupers on yesterdays trip. We have not been Offshore to the tuna grounds lately but we leave Monday for a 2-day and I will have a report then. The word on the dock has been “Black-fin”. Every one is saying that they are there in force and jigging has been the most successful tactic on the small Tuna. [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Good luck to all and tight lines![/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[signature]
Thanks for the report Intimidator!!
Hope you have more luck with the Cobia this week. And good luck on your two-dayer! I will be posting my report from Destin this weekend.(my first one ever). By the way! I found out that the Swoop is only going to go with 10 for this Sundays 8 hour trip. Look out Amberjacks!!
Ben
[signature]
Man that is great that they will only have 10! You got lucky! I hope the Cobia are going well for this weekend! I am sure that you Capt and mate will look for a while coming back in... I know that i would! I hope that you guys have a great trip. Godd luck!
[signature]
Yeah I did get LUCKY!! I just hope that luck carries over thru Sunday. Yeah the Capt. already said we would do a Cobia run on the way back in. I have caught them and really enjoyed the fight and the food!

Ben
[signature]