Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 4-08-04
Took my boys up for our first tube trip of the year. The weather and fishing were great in the morning. We were catching fish on flies and jigs. My son caught one by snagging a pile of line that had a fish on the end of it and I got a nice Kastmaster out of the middle of the mess. Later on the weather got bad, my kids got cold and the fishing slowed way down. Only caught a few (mostly little dinks) in the afternoon. Marked lots of fish on the finder. Most were on the bottom except when the water was over 15' deep there were lots of fish suspended at 15' and higher.

The ice is almost gone and what is left is really just slush. I even plowed my tube right through it. It was interesting to watch the ice move across the lake after the wind came up.

FM
[signature]
Thanks for the report FM, sounds like a good day with the kids and catching a few fish is always a plus. Where was that picture taken in your signature post? WH2
[signature]
The pic is Bald mtn. and Rieds peak as seen from Kamas lake in the Uintas. Not the best fishing but a nice view.

FM
[signature]
Very cool picture but where is Kamas lake, I've never heard of it?
[signature]
It's a 1 or 1 1/2 mile hike from the Pass lake trailhead which is right by Mirror lake. You can see those same peaks from many points along the Mirror Lake Highway and surrounding area.

FM
[signature]