Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SE Idaho Reservoirs fishing report for Thursday April 8th
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Looks like I have a very good chance at winning some mooseunlimited lures unless some of you guys write a report soon.[/size][/font] [size 5][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]SE Idaho Reservoirs fishing report for Thursday April 8th[/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]This wasn’t a very serious fishing trip because I took my 3 year old daughter with me. She had a great time fighting planter fish. I tried to catch some catch some bass and other species but didn’t have any luck. The water temps were taken by the dams in about 1 foot of water and should be similar to the surface temp [/size][/font][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]of the middle of the lake because there has been enough wind and slightly colder air temperatures on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"]Devil Creek Reservoir[size 3] [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Water temp - 49 degrees [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Water level – about 15? feet below full pool[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Water clarity – stained[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]In just under an hour we caught three 10"-13" hatchery trout, 1 powerbait/slip sinker, 1 on bobber (worm with small amount of power bait) and one a spinner. Had a total of 9 bites but only landed three because my daughter said “I can do it myself”. It was also very muddy on some parts of the shoreline.[/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"]Deep Creek Reservoir[size 3] (aka Lower Deep Creek Reservoir)[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Water temp - 54 degrees were I took the water temp by the dam [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Water level – about 25? below full pool but you could still launch a boat [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Water clarity – stained [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I fished bait, #2 Blue fox spinner and small spinnerbait for about 45 minutes without even a bite. I did see scare one small bass out of shallow water.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][/font][font "Times New Roman"][size 5]Weston Reservoir [/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Water temp - 54 degrees by the dam and 60 degrees in the shallows [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Water level – about 15? feet low[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Water clarity – stained[/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I fished bait, #2 Blue fox spinner and small spinnerbait for about 45 minutes without even a bite. [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size][font "Times New Roman"][size 5]Johnson Reservoir[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Water temp - 59 degrees [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Water level – about 10-12 feet below high water mark[/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Water clarity – Stained[/font][/size]

I fished bait, #2 Blue fox spinner and spinnerbait for about 30 minutes without even a bite. I talked to a guy that live by Johnson Reservoir. He said I was probably wasting my time because he didn't think there were any fish in there because last July Johnson got really low and the water was too hot to support any fish. He said that last July a few smaller Tiger Muskies around 24" turned up dead and there were thousands of bluegills left in the shallow pool that remained.
[signature]
I should check my posts after I make them because I had the wrong day of the week and wrong date on this one. I also left off several places that I checked out last Thursday that I didn't copy and paste from Word.

Lamont Reservoir
Water temp - 56 degrees
Water level – about 8 feet below high water mark
Water clarity – stained
Fishing for planters was good. We caught 10 in 1 1/2 hours. I was mostly trying to catch something besides trout but didn’t even have a bite.

Glendale Reservoir
Water temp - 53 degrees
Water level – about 10-12 feet below high water mark
Water clarity – stained
I only made a few casts because I mostly stopped by to check the water temp.

Condie Reservoir
Water level – looked to be about 15-20 feet low but I only saw it from the highway

Treasureton Reservoir
Water level – looked to be about 10??? feet low but I only saw it from the highway and the dirt road that is several hundred yards South of there.
[signature]
[size 3]Keep up the great reports, wish I had more time to get out even half as much as you do!! I am jealous!![/size]
[signature]