Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Carp Fling Report
Hello All,

At first the weather was cold and windy. It improved some but was still cold and very windy with some breaks every now and then. The fishing was poor with a few catfish caught. One really nice cat at 24 inches and 6lbs?. Thanks to all who donated the prizes, those who donated their time and fishboy2 who did a lot of work to get it going. All in All it was a good day.
[signature]
well it was a good time, even though no carp were gotten , i had fun, and thank you for helping witrh the food.
[signature]
Hi all,

Since FB2 didn't post any details I guess I will have to for him. The carp fling netted about 15 members, most of whom went home with a prize of somekind. Thanks Moose the lures, they look great and to the others who donated prizes. Also I would like to thank those who helped set up and tear down after the event. FB2 went through a lot of work tryin to set this whole thing up. I'm pretty proud of what he acomplished. Now the weather over the past few days before the carp fling just didnt help matters much. The cold front chased the carp out of the shallows. I'm sure a couple days of warm weather will bring them back. It was nice to meet some new members and chat with some old ones! Also nice to see folks bringing their families with them. Now that is what this is all about. Getting more people involved. So bring them kids and the Mrs. Well I can't speak for everyone, but myself had a great time. Better weather would have been nice, but it wasn't so bad as to ruin my day. Dan thanks for bringing the gas grill and doing the cooking. To all who came hope you enjoyed yourself as much as I did. But as we all know spring in the rockies can be a tricky time for outdoor events.
[signature]
Actually, EmuScud caught one carp on hamburger bun. I caught one carp on a stick but I don't think it counts because he was already dead and rotting on the shoreline, I just cut him up and used him for bait.

It was a fun trip even with the wind and cold weather. It was great to get out and meet some good people. If anyone hasn't read Mike's post (mikeromaine or something like that is his login) find it and read it. When you do read it make sure you take it with a grain of salt. Mike was very politically correct when he wrote it and took several liberties with the story. When I get a second I will also add a note to that post to set him straight. As far as me laughing my butt off at him that is 100% correct, and he earned every bit of it.

All in all it was a fun trip. A bunch of small cat fish were taken along with two nice ones we saw. Thanks to Fishboy2 for putting it together and doing all the work to make it happen. Thanks to Dan for cooking, he did a great job and put in a lot of work as well to make it nice. As usual at a BFT outing more B.S.ing was done than fishing, just ask Petty. He said that's why he comes to these things. I just think that's his excuse for not catching fish.

Anyway, it was a fun time. Now it's time to start looking towards a crawfish boil in a month or two.
[signature]
you saifd it first, ill let you be in charge in setting up the crawfish boil, sounds good. it was a fun trip and thanks for the meat.
[signature]
A CRAWDAD BOIL SOUNDS GREAT!! I WILL HELP WHEN THE TIME COMES

[Wink] THEN I CAN GET WET AGAIN FUN
[signature]
I did make it to the carp fling. I was real late, but I did make it. I got a chance to meet a few of you. It makes it nice to put a face with the name. If Mike comes to to crawdad boil we'll have to watch him and make sure he's not dangleing the wrong worm. He gets kinda strange sometimes, as you all found out. You ought to try working with him. LOL Al
[signature]
Crawfish Boil? Count me in as catching and cooking!
[signature]
don't believe al..... he is not a freak he is normal....
[signature]
Your right Mike, I'm not a freak. But I think this is the first time anyone has called me normal. [crazy] I almost feel insulted. LOL
[signature]
you should you with your normal hair and normal cloths lol your a norm lol.... oh al also has stock in normal... i told you watch him...

but crawdads sound great ......
[signature]
you opened your mouth and put your foot in it now,
smart @$$...[Tongue]
i have 2 dad traps so let me know when you want to have the boil and we can break them in.
[signature]
[#800080][size 2]It was nice meeting everybody. To bad we couldn't stay, but my nephews needed a beatin'(or I needed the beatin'). The wind sucked. Fishboy put on very good shindig(from what I could see. Spent most of the time cleaning my boat and yelling at the kids). Water temperture was 54 degrees. Wind was 70 mph out of the northeast. [/size][/#800080]
[signature]
hey big gunns i think your the one who needed the beatin'[Wink]
[signature]
[#800080][size 2]I didn't even take an opportunity to mess with Petty. I hate to break this to you. Old number 43 has been retired for like 70 years or somethin' [Tongue] [/size][/#800080]
[signature]
hey petty were did you get your crawdad traps i won't one. oh and use smart bass on this website [Wink]
[signature]
Sounds like you guys had fun regardless of weather. I didn't make it, looked outside and saw the wind blowing decided against it.
[signature]
only 12yrs. there jr.
[signature]
i got mine when anglers inn was going out of bussiness, for like 6 bucks. you can get them at sportsmans warehouse there like 13-15 bucks
[signature]
If you get the traps I prefer the round ones with an opening in both ends. Make sure you get a crawfish trap, not a minnow trap, because the minnow traps have smaller openings. Last year when we went to Scofield I had a square trap and a round trap. The round trap consistently outfished the square one two to one. Somebody in an old post talked about a net instead of a trap. I can't wait to see how well those work.

Petty, what's with all the hate man??? Smart [url "mailto:!@#%"]!@#%[/url]???? I can't believe it and I have no idea where all this comes from. I am sure this is totally unprovoked on my part. Can't we all just get along????
[signature]