Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear River Narrows
[size 1]Hit the Bear River above Preston today. Got up there at about 8:30 and started to fish. There were a ton of people up there so I waded across the river in fished the side that people weren't fishing. I was using a Clouser Minnow and a coneheaded leech. One my first cast I hooked into a good fish. When I got it in it was a 16" smallmouth. It was very thick and fat. I would guess that it would have gone between four and five pounds. A real beauty. After several more casts I hooked into another big fish. This one I only had on the line for about 10 seconds. I couldn't hold him and he got off. I would guess that I was another big bass. Fished in the same spot for about another 30 minutes with only a couple of bits. We moved further down the river and and caught a couple of rainbows. All in all it was a great day fishing. The weather was beautiful up there with no wind. When I get the pictures developed I will post a picture. The bluewings were coming of thick. The fish started to rise later on. If you want to see a picture of the clouser that I was using let me know and I will post some pictures. My brother is really good at making these.

Catch [/size]
[signature]
[size 3]Great report!! We like pictures please share!![/size]
[signature]
catchandrelease,

Thanks for the report. I was fishing a couple of reservoirs just a few miles to the SW of you Saturday. If you don't mind me asking how far down from Onieda Narrows Reservior did you catch the smallmouth? There are also a few walleye in that part of the river as well.
[signature]