Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua report.
LMB are on at mantua. They are still a bit deeper than you would think. Must be this crazy weather.

I got three nice ones, and some smaller ones. One of the bigger ones had an 8 inch LMB in his throat when I brought him in. I dont think that fish was hungry, can you say reaction strike?

Lots of guys out there today, most of them not doing very good. Only saw a couple other guys get a fish. I think most guys were using the wrong type of baits, fishing way too fast for the water temp and conditions. Too shallow as well. The fish I caught were not up in the shallows, they were off the drop on the deep side.

Anyways, I am headed out to willard here in a minuet with the skeeter, so gotta get off the puter.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Predator. What were you guys using today? Did you get any water temp readings on your finder?
[signature]
Way to go Predator,

I had fun catching some out there with Sparky last week, nothing big, and am going back there Monday with Sparky and the tube for a few hours unless the warden catches me. She wants a lot of yard work done. [unsure]

Leaky
Didnt use a finder so theres no water temp reading.

bitsy's, kalins, lizzards, and worms are my mantua lures.

Oh and for those of you who look for trouble, thats plastic worms, not the ones you find in the dirt.

The biggest problem is finding plastics that arent chemically treated.
[signature]
Thanks for the report on Mantua but my question is how did you do at Willard yesterday? We were on the water at Willard when you made this post and hooked a small cat and a decent walleye but no wipers. WH2
[signature]