Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RHINO LINER IN A BOAT???
YOU GUYS EVER HEARD OF ANYONE PUTTING THAT SPRAY ON TRUCK BED LINER ON THE INSIDE OF A BOAT LIKE ON THE SEATS AND STUFF...DO YOU THINK IT WOULD WORK, AND/OR SEAL THE SEAMS ON SAY AN ALUMINUM BOAT?? IT IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE TRACTION, EASY CLEAN UP, AND LONGEVITY TO IT....I WAS JUST WONDERING IF I SHOULD DO IT WHEN I GET A BOAT, SO I DONT HAVE TO PAINT IT TOO OFTEN.....THEN I COULD JUST USE THAT COATING ON THE OUTSIDE BOTTOM UP THE WALES...ITS A PAINT LIKE STUFF THAT "SLICKS" IT UP TO SLIDE THROUGH THE WATER BETTER I GUES...BUT THE INSIDE I WAS THINKING OF THE GLOW IN THE DARK SPRAY LINER.......JUST A THOUGHT.

LATERS,
[signature]
I have never used it in a boat, but I have had rino liner in the back of my Pick up, in my landcruiser, and in what is called a dip tank that was all ways filled with water and used to dip Dreagers in to see if they leaked. I have had no problems in its use. I guess it would work in a boat and it would seal it.
[signature]
Another product to try is line-X.. It has a little more texture and seems to dry a bit harder. I have it in my truck and muck like rhino lining, its some really tough stuff. Seems like using it in a boat would be a great idea. Not sure how well it would adhere to aluminum though. I believe they are in the Orem/Provo area. Give em a call (801)225-8858... Let us know what you find out...
[signature]
i coated the bottom of my boat with a sprayon bed liner to seal up all the small leaks. i can run the boat up on gravel now with no worries
[signature]
Hopefully not on the bottom of your Pontoon boat Jason. Look, over there, isn't that rino lining on the bottom of Richard's car?[Wink]
[signature]
My buddy bought a jonboat that had been rhino lined completely inside and out and I was absolutely impressed with it. it added about 30lbs to the boat but it make it almost silent when the water slapped it and sealed up all the seams like brand new again.

one thing to consider when you do this is make sure its a dull color. Black gets hot and white glairs. so like a tan or light grey would be alot better

DZ
[signature]
VERY COOL.

I RAN INTO A GUY THAT HAS THE MOBILE RHINO LINING ACTAULLY SETUP IN HIS VAN FOR DOING THIS STUFF, APPARENTLY HE COMES OUT TO WHERE YOU ARE LIKE WORK AND DRESSES AND PAINTS YOUR BED RIGHT THERE...HHMM.....HE SAID THAT THE AVERAGE TRUCK BED IS 8 FEET, SO IF I HAD A 14 FOOT BOAT, IT WOULD ROUGHLY DOUBLE THE PRICE....TO A HEFTY 700 BUCKS. MAN ALL I WANT IS A 150, MAYBE 200 DOLLAR BOAT...LOL. SO I FIGURED I WOULD ORDER THE DO IT YOUR SELF KIT FROM A RETAILER, AND MAKE A COUPLE PASSES....SO WOULD YOU RECCOMEND INSIDE, AND OUTSIDE, OR JUST INSIDE??

IT WOULD BE NICE I BET TOO TO TRANSPORT THE BOAT ON TOP OF A CAR SINCE FOR THE PRICE I CAN AFFORD I EXPECT TO NOT GET A TRAILER WHEN I END UP WITH A BOAT.....SO ITS ON TOP OF THE JEEP FOR ME....LOL.

HMM, NEED TO CONSIDER THIS HERE..INSIDE AND OUT, OR JUST INSIDE...I LIKE THE RHINO LINER CAUSE OF ITS HEAVY DUTY FLEXIBLE PLASTICISM, SOME OF THE "OTHER" SPRAY LINERS I HAVE SEEN ARE MORE LIKE A ROCK CHIP RESISTING HARDENED PAINT, AND WILL CHIP AND SCRATCH EASILY WHEN "ABUSED" WITH THE WRONG APPLICATION.
[signature]