Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan river 4-13
I went down there bright and early this morning, hoping to hook some big old cats and suckers. I put my toon in on 33rd south. Then, I drifted it down. Around oxbow I finally had a bite, but I missed it. When I got down around the mill creek, I found a spot about 2 feet deep and got out. I casted out, and managed a walleye in the 45 minutes I fished there. Finally, I drifted down to my hole. I set up right over where the fish were holding before the storm, and sat there for over 2 hours with out a bite. Now I was pissed! This dang storm screwed me! So, my final day of spring break was a bust. Oh well!
[signature]
HOW BIG WWAS THE EYE' AND WHAT DID YOU CATCH HIM ON?? HOW FAR NORTH DID YOU DRIFT ON YER TOON? OR DID YOU PADDLE SOUTH TOWARDS UTAH LAKE? SOUNDS LIKE A NICE DAY JUST FLOATING ABOUT THOUGH...AND YOU CAUGHT A WALLEYE....THAT AINT BAD IN MY BOOK, I HAVE NOT GOTTEN ONE YET.....

LATERS,
[signature]
He was just about 16", and bit on a green maraboo jig with a piece of worm on it. I drifted up to around 27th south. It was pretty relaxing to just get out and drift the river!
[signature]
SO HOW DEEP IS THE RIVER THEN? WOULD I BE ABLE TO USE MY FLOAT TUBE AND MOTOR OR JUST MY TUBE AND DRIFT DOWN WITH MY LEGS IN THE WATER? I DIDNT THINK THE JORDAN WAS DEEP ENOUGH.

LATERS,
[signature]
Cool, you definately are a couragious young man drifting the Jordan Smile I here those female carp got the "ich" this time of the year. Watch Out!!!

When you drift down do you hike back to the car? How do you deal with that?
[signature]
It was anywhere from 2 to 10 feet. I wouldn't go down it with a motor. There were quite a few sand bars scattered down it.
[signature]
I thought about that! I had my good old waders on just in case. In the morning I had my dad drop me off at 33rd, and had the car parked at 27th. It made it easy to get in and out without too much effort.
[signature]
Yeah I fished the Jordan sunday with no fish caught, I did get some bites though. The water was also alot cloudier than usual.[Wink]
[signature]
Good thing, waders saved the day again. Still think it may have been a somewhat painfull if not embarrasing experience, lol
[signature]
I went down to your fishin hole last night about 6:30
there was someone there' he said he had read about it on BFT so I went down stream about 100 yds. only caught 1 channel about 5-6 lbs. I was using a worm on the bottom hook and bread dough on the top hook just tring to catch a carp or sucker to use for bait next week. I caught the cat on the bread dough.
[signature]
Man, that spots been getting hammered over the last couple weeks. Last time I open my yap! Thats one nice channel! Amazing how those channels are. I've been soaking sucker in there most of the time I've been fishing it. Notta! And yet they eat the bread. Maybe I'd better fish for carp next time!
[signature]
Yeah, that's one of the things that sucks about this site growing in popularity, and people mentioning it on the Doug Miller board etc., is that we get a lot of "guests" checking out this site, but never join it so they can share some of their knowlege and "secret spots". They just take, and never give[mad]. If you look to see "who's online" at any given time (especially in the early evening or late afternoon time), you'll see a couple hundred guests sometimes. Some of them will join us (as we've seen in the past couple of months a lot of growth), but unfortunately a lot of them will just come to this site 'cause they heard about it on another board and never join us, just come here to see where the fishing is hot, and then the next thing you know you go to your favorite spot and it's taken all the time[mad]. I think that's one of the drawbacks of this site's growing popularity.
Don't get me wrong, I love this site, and I think it's better than ever[cool], but now as we share some of our secret spots here along the rivers and creeks in the valley, they will soon not be so secret anymore[Sad].
[signature]
I have a remedy for that. A private forum for members only to share secrets with other members. Members would have to be logged in to access this forum with no guests allowed. I've also noticed the nimber of guests flooding the boards and the number of views each post gets. 400 view in like 30 min. on some of em. Not members for sure Smile
[signature]
hustler898, that's a FREAKIN BRILLIANT idea!!! And, just to add to that, how about limiting the member secrets area of the site for members only who have posted a minumum of like at least 25 times, so that way, we know that they are willing to share some of their knowlege as well?
[signature]
I have yet to give out any of my secret spots[Tongue], for reasons you guys are now just realizing [laugh]
[signature]
Your not alone in your philosophy, I guarantee you that!!! I've ran into a few BFT'ers who feel the same way but are willing to share face to face. This realization didn't just come to me but I was made to realize this fact after speaking with a fellow BFT'er yesterday. Very knowledgable guy with lots to share but won't do to that fact. Totally understandable, who wants to have thier "spot" flooded with anglers, do to a favorable report, to the point that they can't fish it any longer? It's sensless! Look at Jensenkids situation. His spot on the Jordan is getting tons of pressure to the point that it's iffy if he can get out there and have room to fish. Not fair!!! He's a good lad with tons of knowledge and always willing to share but do to this I don't blame him for shutting his yap in the future. So who loses here...Everyone?

Something has to be done to limit access somehow so we all can enjoy good fishing. Not just take without giving back in return. Makes me wonder how many guests fish a spot that was reported on, catch some nice fish, and just don't report or contribute but come back again and again to leech some more. Lots of great people on this board always willing to share and help a guy get into some fish. If something isn't done I'm sure that will change and what will become of this board?
[signature]
Yep, it is. I'm just glad my deer hunting area is still safe![Tongue]lol. I do agree that its a good idea for a member only page to share secrets. Only way to be safe.
[signature]
since you told me about that hole on the Jordan, As soon as it warms up a little we'll have to hook up and I'll take you to my favorite hole on the Jordan.
[signature]