Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valley View Golf Course
Hey all,

Golfed last night at valley view and noticed a pretty big pond on the way in and also on the other side of the course there was another pretty big pond. Any ideas if there is any fish or activity on any of these ponds? Also would like to know the names of these ponds if possible.

Thanks in advance!
[signature]
I'VE FISHED THE POND ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE GOLD COURSE A COUPLE OF TIMES BUT NEVER HAD ANY LUCK.. I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT THERE ARE FISH IN THERE BUT I COULDN'T TELL YA WHAT.. LOOKS LIKE SOME GREAT WATER FOR SOME SMALL MOUTH TO ME..
[signature]
The pond to the south (across the street) is Holmes Creek Resevoir, also known to the locals as Company Pond. I've caught some small largemouths and bluegills there but don't know what else is in the pond. That golf course looks like a fun course, but I don't golf except for Links on the computer.

Beerzebub
[signature]
The DWR operates a website called UTAHFISHFINDER.COM that lists individual waters in the state and lists some of the fish found in each water. It lists Bass, Bluegill, Crappie, and WALLEYE, for Holmes Creek. I have fished it once and caught a load of bluegill, and my buddy caught a nice (not huge) largemouth bass, no crappie or walleye but that site says they are in there.

It is not a place that I would recomend taking kids any younger than 7-8 years old though, you have to put on your 4x4 boots and duck through the trees to get to the water on a good part of the lake. I would recomend checking it out though, it was a good experience for me, we had the whole lake to ourselves (unlike most other "urban" fisheries).
[signature]