Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jordan 4-17
wiggy and i hit the jordan just before sun up fish rollin like crazy just as it got light caught 3 suckers and 1 carp missed alot hooks we were using were to big didnt have any smaller ones lil wind and no rain may try again in the mornin
[signature]
Thanks for the report but I'm starting to wonder if there are any other fish in the Jordan river besides carp and suckers. Have you ever caught any other species? WH2
[signature]
have not fished it much in the last couple of yearsbut have caught catfish north of the airportwalleye and white bass by the pump house....
[signature]
I have only fished it up from the Lehi main street bridge upriver but I've caught Walleye, Channel Cats and bullheads in that stretch. Oh, carp and perch too that usually get turned into bait......The first big cat I caught in Utah came from that river, right by the dam...... There seem to be a lot less big cats in there....like that river just gets pounded too much or something......I used to fish a couple spots and catch some small carp, perch and whatever else to make cutbait with and then go fish down the trail for cats.... seemed to work ok, I just went during low water times to find the holes that would hold catfish. But Cats and smaller mudcats seemed to be what it held most.... I've never caught a sucker out of there....can you cut those like a carp to get bloody bait??
[signature]
There's pleanty of fish besided carp and suckers. I've caught walleye, whites, channels, mudders, LM bass, perch, browns, bows... Man, the list goes on and on! I'm still amazed how many species are in there. I think, too, that it all depends on the time of year and location. Down lower to the north you get a lot more channels than suckers, normally. This year the sucker populations have exploded down there. Good news for the walleyes!!!
[signature]
"I've never caught a sucker out of there....can you cut those like a carp to get bloody bait??"
I'm not sure what you mean by bloody bait but sucker is a good bait for a lot of fish, I use it for Lake trout, Sturgeon and cats. Sucker is such an oily fish it works good for a lot of different species. WH2
[signature]