Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to go?
My friend wants me to take him fishing this weekend and show him how to fish scince he's only caught a few his whole life so I would like to go to a place that we could have some pretty fast action is there anywhere near ogden that would be good?
[signature]
IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYWHERE IS A BIT SLOW RIGHT NOW BUT IN THE PAST I WOULD HAVE TO SAY LOST CREEK IS A GOOD BET.
[signature]
THE CLEARING OF THIS STORM FRONT THIS WEEKEND SHOULD TURN ON A FEW LAKES, PINEVIEW MAY BE AN OPTION FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE A BOAT OR FLOAT TUBES. OTHER WISE, HEAD UP OGDEN CANYON TO EITHER ECHO RESEVOIR OR ROCKPORT....MAYBE WILLARD BAY...OR SOME OF THE LOCAL URBAN FISHERIES IN TOWN THE SMALLER THE WATER THE FASTER IT WILL WARM UP AND TURN THE FISH ON...THE LAKES IN THE HILLS MAY OR MAY NOT WARM UP ENOUGH, BUT THE HIGHER PRESSURE FRONT SHOULD HELP THE SITUATION OUT A BIT. IF THE WIND KEEPS UP , MAKE SURE YOU HIT THOSE WIND BLOWN SHORELINES WITH A GOOD "FOG" IN THE WATER, CAST OUT JUST PAST THE MURKY STUFF AND RETREIVE PARRALELL TO SHORE.....THATS WHERE THE PREDATORS WILL BE HANGING OUT, ESPECIALLY IF THE TEMPS WARM A BIT.....ALL THE BETTER IF YOU CAN FIND A MURKY SHORELINE ON THE SUNNY SIDE THAT WILL WARM UP BETTER.

HOPE THAT HELPS,

LATERS,
[signature]
I would try the weber. I'm not sure if you were talking about lakes or rivers.
[signature]
Take him to kaysvile pond,cats,bass,rainbows,bluegill.
[signature]
em...hey!he! [shocked][unsure]wanklovic cuzin nameses is hoobie... go fishings at dear cracks withrap shad rappys and how you says baits on the bottom...[blush]
[signature]
you've got way too much time on your hands!
[signature]
[size 2]Lost Creek, nightcrawler and a marshmellow on the bottom and as deep as you can throw it.[/size]
[signature]
Thanks for the input guys I think we'll go to Kaysville ponds. I haven't fished there for a couple of years and I love the variety of fish there.
[signature]