Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon Harbor 4/21/04
Got there around four pm, caught one LMB about two pound, and lost one about the same size. Same technique (tube jig), but today was a lot slower in terms of action (three hours), and I noticed a biting cold wind came in around five thirty. Probably a real cold front that would presumptably shut them down.
[signature]
paul sounds like you fish lindon quite a bit, So do I usually, but I have been stuck in classes lately. I have my last final on monday though so I will be back out there again soon. I just had a couple of questions. When I was there last time it looked like they had pulled up all those bushes on that north dike and I didn't see the trees that were normally in the water, but it sounds like from your last post that they are still there, are they? Secondly what do you have the best luck on there on that side. Later in the summer I always have good luck on chartreus paddlebugs or curly tails, but this year every time I have gone over there I have been skunked. Anyway If you are out there and you see me ( I usually drive a black 4door dodge ram) say hi.

Jed
[signature]
I do fish Lindon quite a bit because of easy access (10 minutes from home) whenever I get some free time from my classes, work and kids. I seek refuge there even for a hour or two as a respite from the daily runs of the life.

North side always did me good there. South side, I always get skunked. I regularly use tube jigs made weedless for LMB. If you see a tall dude with a black BFT hat, say hi ok.
[signature]
definitely. Do you catfish there at night at all? I usually hit there a lot for the big channels and have caught quite a few 5 lbers out of there and a couple that were about 10 (I say about, because the scales I have aren't the greatest).

Jed
[signature]
I have not yet fished at night this year. I will get out there as the night warms up and school's almost out. I will be doing that from my boat just relaxing catch some sleep under the stars,and wait for the bite. The problem is school is keeping me from getting lazy though...[Sad]
[signature]
What are you studying and where? I am at uvsc studying pre-dental. maybe we should get together one of these days and hit the big cats.

Jed
[signature]
I'm graduating at the end of this year (Dec.) with a degree in behavioral science with emphasis on psychology from UVSC. No summer school for me, I'm gonna fish my brains out... as for catting at night, sounds good by me. Keep in touch as the weather warms.
[signature]
I will. I work at RC WILLEY in orem until 10:00 every night, but monday so I usually head out right after work. That seems to be a good time for them though, because most the people I know don't do real well until about 11 or so anyway,

Jed
[signature]
Paul, we need to fish a couple of buddy tournaments this fall. Maybe a WON Bassor somthing. Can you find time to break away for a trip to powell?
[signature]
Fished the harbor this morning for a couple of hours, caught 3 LMB, and a catfish pitching an Ika. One came off the south side, the other two and the cat came off the north side. I expect the fishing to pick up with the warming weather.
[signature]