Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pay to play
I dont know many of you camp when at the gorge,but appx,the middle of may the forest service it going to start chargeing to camp at south buck board.Even after a ton of public input ,almost all of it againest this project looks like they going to do it anyway.
[signature]
I think the majority of us camp since its so far away.

The issues of who controls the lands and how to manage it have been an issue the last couple years.

We may see more changes coming soon. Already the issues are buckboard and sheep creek. Why stop there.
[signature]
we always camped at swim beach now called stateline cove ever since i was a small child thats where we camped. as a matter of fact there was about 6 of us total that camped there. they put out some outhouses now and as of about 8 years ago its 9 bucks a day to stay there. should they be aloud to charge us everywhere we can access the water no matter how primitive it is? it seems everywhere we used to camp is big bucks now its just getting to become a hassel to go anywhere these days.

Big jim
[signature]
This pay to play crap is the current trend for government agencies. I already pay for a license and taxes so why should I pay to primitive camp close to some place. I understand the need to improve some places do to over use but there should also be a free place to camp.
[signature]