Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kolob Reservoir Report - 4-23-04
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=127340"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=127340[/url]

[center][Image: kp4.jpg][/center] [center][Image: kp5.jpg][/center] [center][Image: kp6.jpg][/center] [center][Image: kp7.jpg][/center] [center][Image: kp8.jpg][/center] [center][Image: kp9.jpg][/center] [center][Image: kp10.jpg][/center] [center][Image: kp11.jpg][/center] [center][Image: kp12.jpg][/center] [center][Image: kp13.jpg][/center] [center][Image: kp14.jpg][/center] [center][Image: kp15.jpg][/center] [center][Image: kp16.jpg][/center] [center] [/center] [left][/left] [left]sm[/left]
[signature]
Congrats on the nice fishies! Those bows have some great color to them!
[signature]
Which fish is the 20 incher? How come you don't enter the 16 species contest or the Utah only challenge.
[signature]
Those fish have been eating well. Great color. Looks like contrary to a previous thread there is good fishing down South after all?

FM
[signature]
Who said the fishing down south sucks? Kolob always is a good place to fish. It's artifical flies and lures only and only one fish over 22" so basically you can't legally keep anything. I haven't caught a fish over 22" yet and I don't expect to. I know there is or was two fish over 25" in the lake because my younger brother caught and released them 3 years ago.

The main reason I go fishing at Kolob is to relax and know this small lake hasn't been fished out.

The only people who go to catch fish and eat them are the bait fisherman that could careless about our resources. It's not a matter of not being able to catch some fish but greedy, lazy and self centered, not to mention illegal.
[signature]
Today was extremely slow for everybody. Most people went home without catching one fish. I managed 8 average bows from 8 to 12 and my brother 1.

Talked to Mr. loopy for a bit but was heading over to a different spot. My brother didn't seem all that excited about trying to figure those fish out. I tried brown buggers for a while but no luck. Midges and olive buggers did the trick for me. Ross finally put a midge on a caught his first fish.

I've had my fill of this spotty, light biting, all the same size fish. I'll be fishing else where til things warm up enough to clear the road over Cedar Mtn. That drive is to long for a day like that again.

FYI: Only two bait fishermen today. I drove to the inlet to see if anything is spawning in the stream yet and when I got back they were gone. Hopefully somebody gave them a ear full and a swift kick but since people are chicken, they probable filled there cooler and left.
[signature]
I don't remember who but someone had a thread going about how there wasn't any good fishing down South because the DWR doesn't manage it right. I hope you didn't take offence and I don't want to start a wildfire again so nevermind.

FM
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Was the wind blowing when you went, which I'm sure it was? All of our bites were happening inside the mud line between 5' and 15' from shore. Not one bite out in clear water. [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David [/font] [/size]
[signature]
None taken I was a little Confused that's all.

It always blows this time of year. I just make do and try and enjoy the fishing.
[signature]
looks like me and mrs moose missed out big time. hopfully next time.
[signature]
The fish was actually quite slow but will pick up later in the year. Stained water must be keeping the fish dormant. You basically had to drag the fly right in there mouth. I've had sticks and rocks give a better bite.
[signature]