Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay 4-24-04
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] Hi all, went out to Willard this afternoon. Lots of activity at the South Marina, talked to a few folks that had aquired some damage do to not paying attention. As for me I got the boat in the water parked the truck, went back to the boat and the battery had gone dead. Well so much for fishing today, hope to get out again tommorrow. [/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[Wink] Sounds like my trips! Now thats the pasture is dryed up I can pull my boat out of the horse shed. Need to get some new carpit in it. Went out yesterday and just thru some money at it. Should be good for a little while![laugh]
[signature]
Was that going to be the first time out with the new boat?
We went to Deer creek today and as we were driving through Heber we saw a boat just like yours, I was surprised when I read this post because I thought it was yours. It is hard to imagine there are two boats like that in Utah, ha, ha. Good luck tomorrow and let us know how ou do. WH2
[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] I guess that depends on which boat you are talking about, the one I had last year, or the the one i have now? Haha I think the problem is that the Battery that is in the boat now is just a Starting Battery. But there are an aful lot of wires attached to the posts. I am thinking about maybe using two Batteries, 1 for just starting the motor, and the other for everything else. What do you think? I might need a little help with this .[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2][/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] [/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
hi dan heres some info you should find helpful heres a link to the site also

[url "http://www.walleyeguys.com/gnbhook.htm"]http://www.walleyeguys.com/gnbhook.htm[/url]

Need more amp-hour capacity?

Some applications may require more amp-hour capacity than one battery can provide. When that happens, a parallel hook- up of two or more similar 12V deep cycle batteries may be required.

To connect two batteries in parallel, connect the positive post of the first battery to the positive post of the second battery. Then connect the negative post of the first battery to the negative post of the second battery. Now run the leads from the second battery to the equipment to be powered.

[Image: gnbprl1.gif]

This set up will give you twice the amp-hour capacity (i.e.. 230 amp-hours when using two 115 amp-hour batteries) while maintaining a 12V output
[signature]
It's a boat, a new/used boat, throw $ at it, you need a new battery! [Sad] Go to costco or wal-mart or sears and get the biggest, heaviest battery they have and use it to fire the moter. I have a costco marine starting for the engine and a deep cycle for my trolling moter. I have a switch that isolates the deep cycle while I use it. That way the starting battery dosn't get drawn down.
[signature]
I thought you got rid of your old boat because you needed a motor for it? I was talking about teroy's old boat, the one you bought from fish1on. I think Chris posted the best way to hook up two batteries. My main motor doesn't charge my battery, so I have to charge it every time I get home(1964 motor). When charging my battery I always disconnect the wires, so there is less chance of the battery discharging between use. You could also build a power strip and run all your accessories wires to it, then all you would need is two wires going to your battery. Good luck. WH2
[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] I actually still have the old boat and it is foe sale if you know someone that might be interested in it. [/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] But yes it was in Teroy's old boat that I had the battery problem. I just think there might be a little too much depending on the one Battery.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[signature]
Before you hook up two batts in parallel, you need to make sure that the batteries are both new, the same age, the same size, and the same make. Otherwise your two batts will only be as good as the worst battery.

If you really need two batts for all your accessories (one dual-purpose battery is usually sufficient to both start your motors and run a myriad of accessories), it's usually recommended to keep your motors on one battery so that it will always have enough juice to get you home and use the other battery for all your accessories. This is especially a requirement when night fishing and you use lights.