Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawburrrrrrrrrrrrrrry! 4/24 report
Fished Jakes bay (Chicken creek east) saturday from 7-11. Water temp was 38 degrees. There were about 25 or 30 tubes/toons in the bay and most people (including myself) were just freezing their toes rather than catching fish. The three people in our group caught 4 fish total and from the looks of things many people didn't catch any. A friend of mine also fished Renegade and did equally as bad there. Tried every color of bugger in the box as well as some tube jigs and nothing worked. Spotted some fish on the finder but not many. Hopefully it will improve when the water temps increase a little.
Bigcat
[signature]
I too up to the berry on Saturday. It was a cold windy bugger. I spent most of the day down on the renegade end. Fishing was definitely slow but we did manage a few. Trolling was non existant, jigging was a little better. Most all of our fish came from around the 30 ft depth, nothing shallow which was kind of strange for this time of year.

I think the last cold front just put the fish down for a few days, should pick up pretty soon.
[signature]
I to spent my day at renegade we caught 5 fish 3 in the slot and 2 under the slot we ended up catching them trolling with mono dragging a wooly bugger in 40 ft of water we also were unsuccessful with lures or jigs or bait at rhe shallower depths. They still dont put up much of a fight.
[signature]
I also fished the Berry on Sat. It was one of those days where everything went wrong. First, me and my fishing partner over slept and got off 30 minutes late from Layton. Then, when we got the boat in the water, it wouldn't start. After spending 20 minutes trying to get her to start I realized someone had bumped the emergency kill switch. I tell you what, engines start alot easier with those things on run. Spent most of the day trying to kept my boat anchored from the wind. Caught on 12 inch bow using power bait.

I hope this year gets better for me!
[signature]
Fish the pontoon at the ladders on sunday morning. was on at 8a and marked alot of fish in 20 ft of water 4-6 ft deep. Tried the usual buggers spinners jigs and rapalas had no takers and the wind blew us off by 10:30. bummer!!!!
[signature]
ha ha ha ha Sounds like one of my "normal" days. Al
[signature]
hey Bigcat nice of you to leave most of the fish still up there for us poor souls who will be going up towards the end of the week ( after it warms up a little) what about Tuesday????

jrs4x4
Headed to Strawberry in the morning. First outing with the boat this year. I can't remember a year when the first outing wasn't an adventure with multiple opportunities with the boat -- sure hope this year is an exception. That weather is so beautiful outside my window at work today, and tomorrow is supposed to be even nicer, I couldn't resist taking the day off and going fishing.
[signature]