Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard
me and one more cast and my son was at willard sunday we trolled every where and usd every thing no luck we meet up with one more friend and his boat for one hour we had 7 poles in the water with no luck we told my other fiend goodbye and tolled from the north marina to the south marina and landed two 17 inch wipers first ones of the yaer by the pig farm in 10 to 12 feet of water any shalower there was nota it was a good day all and all (wando)
[signature]
Man I am glad to hear that some caught a Wiper this weekend. I thought everyone was going to get skunked like I did.
[signature]
I just looked at the DWR website and a guy on there caught 6 wipers yesterday,Trolling outside the south marina,He gave good details on what he was using and the speed .Here is the report.

Willard Bay
Date: April 24
Name: G Moore

Fished Willard today, got on the water about 4:30 pm. Launched boat in south marina, Surface was like glass and water temp was 57–58 degrees. I was going to try for some crappie in the cove south of the north marina but decided to try some cranks on the way over. Stared trolling a drop off about 200 yards north of the south marina. In all the years of fishing willard I have never seen so many fish on my finder as I did today.Was not sure if thay were wiper or not because there were adult gizzard shad chasing each other around. I started off with a clown colored shad rap and a walley diver in chartreuse. The rap was running about 8 feet deep and the walley diver about 10 feet deep. Ended up getting 6 wipers in about 4 hours of fishing they were 1 1/2 to 3 1/2 lbs. Also had a lot of short strikes or bumps not sure why or how to convert them into hook ups, never ran in to that problem before. Was trolling at 2.9 to 3.2 mph any faster or slower and did not work. Hey Tom have not seen anything from you in a while have you and your wife been out, sure do appreciate all you do. — Thanks G Moore

Later,FNF

Sorry it was from saturday![crazy]
[signature]
[mad] Yper Jr. Red Dog and I trolled the north dike around to the southwest dike and back, Did not get one louzy bite.
[signature]
thanks for that report i have never looked for that spot before i was using walley divers and clown colored ratilen ruge but i will have to try there i still do better just south of the north marina but i put in at the south (WANDO) [gfish]
[signature]