Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelican(I should have trusted leaky)
I took my son to Pelican yesterday. We fished from our tubes for about three hours. There were a few bass on the shore line, but they were tight lipped. There were NO bluegill in shallow as of yet. The water was still cold. I think it will take another two weeks of warm weather to bring the bluegill up on the edges. Neither one of us even got a bite fishing flies. Someone told me that they caught a few in the middle dragging salmon eggs on the bottom. One older couple said that they had been fishing for two day straight and had only caught 4 bluegill total. So I would wait for the water to warm before heading out there.

Windriver
[signature]
We fished a tourament there Saturday. The bluegill we out in the middle in 13 feet of water could'nt keep off all day
[signature]
MAGNAMAN,

What were you using? Does it look like its availble to get a boat out? Did the blue gills you caught have any size?

Thanks

INSANE4THEGAME
[signature]
Interesting, I fish Pelican at least 15 times a year and I was out there with AnglerDan and we could not mark a Bluegill on the fish finder. We chatted with those in the tournament and we did not hear any good reports. I am suprised to hear this from you..

Before you ask what I was using I will tell you that they do not make anytrhing that we did not through at them...
[signature]
Insane,

You can launch large boats no problem now. This year will likely be like last. The water will run out in July. A couple weeks after that evaporation takes its toll and big boats are about done.

Leftwife,

I find it hard to graph the early gills in Pelican even when they're on. They get in that thick vegetation and hug the bottom. Unless they're schooling off the bottom, they're tough to spot deep. Yeah I know, deep is a relative term in the Pel (ie over 8 feet).

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Hello insane4thegame, We were using gulbs new grubs. And a fourth of a worm worked as well. The boat ramp is i think fairly new you can launch two boats at a time if need be. The bluegills were between the boat ramp and the islans in the middle. They were in 13 feet of water with weeds below. We would drift with a real light sinker on. Good luck to all.
[signature]
Thanks guys I'll have to head out there in the next couple of weeks.

INSANE4THEGAME
[signature]
So what did the winner come in weight wise?
[signature]
Our tourament we go by the length. The winning length was 15 inches. Three guys caught a 15 inch bass. And everybody caught lots of bluegill
[signature]