Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard report 4-30
fished willard today with blm in the boomarang.
i caught a 20" wiper by the feedlot trolling a modified blue rattle trap with a 3" hand made skirt also latched into a 25" carp both where released to live another day. fishing was way slow. we tried everything atleast once. water temp was between 53-57* trolled the whole lake at 3-3.7 mph. was a good day on the lake with good company.[cool]
[signature]
At least you caught some nice fish. Any day fishing with BLM can't be a bad day can it? Did you ever find those cigars? If not that's probably why the fishing was slow![Wink]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]A lot of guys out today chasing walleye. We also had another fish on but lost it just as fast. Weather was pretty cool but the wind stayed down all day so the water was fairly flat. Here's a picture of a mug only a mother could love and the fish is pretty good looking too![/size][/font] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4236;][/center]
[signature]
Who is that mask man in the BFT garb? Is that a shirt or a pair of coveralls with the BFT logo on it? Nice fish Petty, I see BLM is showing you a few of his tricks. WH2
[signature]
Nice Wiper Jason. How deep was the water coming out of the marina?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]THe channel at North Marina is 11 ft BUT where they stop dredging is about 5-6 ft deep so watch it going out and coming in. I saw a big recreational boat, about 28ft, go to the docks and pick people up. I can't imagine that that is very deep at all. Not in my boat.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]They are also putting in new docks and a lot of them. We were watching the guys assembling them. There were also a couple smaller boats and a lot of shore fisherfolks trying their luck for crappie. Didn't see how good anyone was doing.[/size][/font]
[signature]
is the west south corner of the dike water level in the rocks yet? how about the island peninsula in front of the feedlot. is it covered yet also? just wondering if its coming up still.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The bay is still way down with sand still showing in most of the SW corner along the east dike. There is water to the rocks along the south dike. The island is completely covered with water but real shallow. We're talking less than 2'. There is a marker on the island now but it is shallow a ways out from the marker so be careful when coming in close to the island.[/size][/font]
[signature]
looks like it came up a bit. beter than nothing. alot of water for the little ole ogden and weber to handle.
[signature]
Did you see anyone catch a Walleye?

MIKE
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Nope, saw no walleye caught but Petty's father in law said he caught two.[/size][/font]
[signature]