Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wiilard 5-1-04
AL and i hit willard today. saw lots of fish on the sonar on the west dike. But only one wiper caught today by feed lot 17 inches 2lbs a small one. i hope it picks up there. the next time i get to fish will be a month away.
[signature]
nice fish mike. did you get anyother hits
[signature]
i couple soft ones. i had one that i missed and al had a couple hits and we missed them to. we trolled from 1.4 to 2.2 mph tried everything but the kitchen sink.and if i would have had a kitchen sink i would have used that too.
[signature]
way to slow man need to be 3-3.5mph
[signature]
well i will have to try that next time. but that speed worked great last year![sly]
[signature]
Well you did better than we did. We trolled at different speeds and used the kitchen sink. Maybe next time
[signature]
yeah i think i was one of the few people hooking anything today. I only saw one other person pulling in something but didn't see what it was. so al is still a wiper virgin.
[signature]
Now Mike, what happened to the rest of the story? I think it had something to do with a tow rope, you getting wet, and trying to hold on to the electric motor instead of clamping it on? I'll let you fill in the blanks. But the rest of the story needs to be told.
[signature]
Hay mike i was there two did you see all those guys by the light pole i seen not one fish landed over there i also had there same luck over there i did get one 6 inch cat by the light pole lostit got nota all day i did manage to land one 18.5" wiper just south of the north marina on a clown color repala no other bites and got a sun burn what a good day the guy at the gard shak mentioned no one was catch any thing that he herd of but we will keep trying (WANDO)
[signature]
YEAH I SAW A TON OF PEOPLE FISHING FOR WALLEYES THERE BUY THE LIGHT POLE. WAS A GREAT DAY WEATHER WAS GREAT WATER WAS CALM JUST THE FISH WERE NOT BITING FOR ANYTHING. YEAH I WAS THE ONE GETT TOWED BACK TO THE NORTH MARINE IN THAT OLD BOAT OF MINE I RAN HER OUT OF GAS. JUST COULDN'T BELEAVE WE ONLY GOT ONE WIPER ALL THAT MORNING.
[signature]
Did anyone happen to notice the water temp at Willard?
[signature]
I THINK THE TEMP WAS AROUND 55 THE WEST SIDE WAS COLDER THEN THE EAST SIDE AT LEAST UNTIL NOON BUT THAT WAS SATURDAY I AM SURE IT HAS WARMED UP A BIT SENCE THEN THOU
[signature]
ill tell you right now that is the right speed. but you have to be on bottom.
[signature]