Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard (report 5-02-04)
Fished willard this evening with HA69 from 2:30-8:30. Started out slow, we fished the east side and HA69 landed a SMbass after two hours of trolling. Then we made our way over to the light pole and trolled south. I caught my first fish of the day,a 16" walleye. After no more luck in that area and and only a couple hours of daylight left we started trolling the north dike. I landed 3 more walleye and HA69 landed a 17" wiper (his first ever) my largest walleye was 22" and it was released. Turned out to be a good day on the water 4 walleye,1wiper and 1 SMbass. Surface temperature was62-66 degrees.
[signature]
Thanks for the boat trip . You forgot to mention how the wiper got me into a hook .OUCH !! I was afraid I was going to be a bleeder but not bad at all . You need to show me more on how to catch them eyes someday . Maybe next time I can get a eye . LOL At last I finally got a wiper pulling on my rod . Cool !!!!!! Must do again .
[signature]
You guys did better than we did, we only caught two fish and that wasn't until right before we left, around 7:30. a small 12 or 13 inch wiper and one that was 6 lb 12 oz. What a fight that big guy put up, too bad it was a carp. We were marking few fish in most of the areas we fished, so we decided to fish close to shore in four foot of water, we were making fish almost non- stop.
Hey Mike what were you using for those eyes? WH2
[signature]
I got all of them on a rapala shad imitation.
[signature]
Hay WH2 or MGB; how deep is the water in the marina? Is it deep enough that you don't have to worry yet or just need to be careful?
[signature]
I had a buddy call me last night just to brag and said that he was fishing around the opening to the south marina (trolling 150 yds off and across the opening) and said that they had landed 8 wipers and lost a few more.
[signature]
sounds like a fun day on the water for a mixed bag of fish!
JOe
[signature]
In your boat, I'd launch in the north marina. Wiperslayer and I launched his boat in the south marina and were OK but your boat might have some trouble. Water is still coming in the channel for now but there are a lot of spots you need to watch out for. The water is around 3ft deep in the marina
but there are some spots that are less than that. The north marina is better at least at the launch and the channel but you need to be very careful around the boat docks. WH2
[signature]
hey thats you first wiper? way to go randy. but i have to tell you they dont fight as hard until the water warms up. they are pushovers this time of year in comparison. congrats on a first.
[signature]