Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GORGE REPORT 4/30 5/1 5/2
FISHED THE GORGE THIS WEEKEND FRIDAY WAS TERRIBLE WEATHER IN THE MORNING SNOW WIND AND VERY COLD.IT WAS TO WINDY TO JIG SO WE HAD TO BREAK OUT THE WIRE POLES(I FORGOT HOW MUCH I HATE THAT STUFF WAY TO MUCH WORK)ANYWAY GOT FIVE ON THE WIRE THE BIGGEST WAS 14 LBS.FISHED RAINBOWS FOR A COUPLE HOURS .BOW FISHING IS OUTSTANDING RIGHT NOW.FRIDAY AFTERNOON TURNED OUT TO BE SUNNY AND CALM SO WE STARTED TO JIG AT ABOUT 4:30 ONLY GOT ONE FISH BUT IT WAS 25 LBS.THE REAL FUN STARTED SATURDAY AND SUNDAY MORNING THE MACS WERE ON THE BITE AND LIFE WAS GOOD. WE HAD WATER THAT LOOKED LIKE A MIRROR AND FOR ABOUT FOUR HOURS EACH MORNING EITHER MYSELF OR MY SON HAD A BIG FISH ON.FOR THE TRIP WE ENDED UP WITH A LIMIT OF REALLY NICE BOWS TO BRING HOME AND WE GOT 22 MACS OF WHICH 11 WERE OVER 25 LBS AND THE THREE BIGGEST BEING A 33.5LB 35 LB AND A 37.5.WE HAD SOME OF THE MOST BUTIFULL WATER SATURDAY AND SUNDAY THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN OVER THERE FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR AND THE MAC FISHING WAS INCREDIBLE.JUST ABOUT STAYED HOME AFTER WATCHING THE WEATHER.GLAD I DECIDED TO GO.
[signature]
Nice report. When the weather is like that, catching is just a plus.
[signature]
Man what a weekend!!! I cant wait to get back out there! I am hoping in this next couple of weeks to get my reels spooled with wire
[signature]
[cool][cool][cool] Wow!!!! Congratulations! What did ya take those bad boys on? Were you finding bunches of them stacked up, or just a couple of fish here and there?
[signature]
THE BAD PART ABOUT THIS TIME OF YEAR IS THE FISH ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE IN ALL DEPTHS WE CAUGHT THEM AS SHALLOW AS 45 FT AND AS DEEP AS 112 FT BUT IF YOU CAN FIND THEM THEY WILL BITE YOU AND THERE ARE NOT BUNCHED UP JUST ONE HERE AND THERE.IF THEY ARE UP SHALLOW THEY ARE REALLY SPOOKY SO DONT MAKE ANY NOISE OR YOU WILL BLOW THEM OUT FROM UNDER YOU.I WAS USING FOUR INCH WHITE TUBES WITH 1/2 OZ HEADS.RUN AND GUN THEM.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]KILLER TRIP! Ya, that steel beats the heck out of you. Man! I'm stoked just reading about your awesome weekend! All's I can say is WOW! Great report! [/size][/font]
[signature]
Great report mac. Once again you have proved to be the man.I took the trailer up to the Gorge last week-end to leave for the summer, I knew I should have called and hooked up with ya. Thanks again.(show us some pictures)
[signature]
Great report there mac attac, I know a guide that fishes the gorge six days a week and he says they get 1 mac over 30lbs. once every week or two. So if you got 3 of those hogs in a couple of days pus all those others, man you must be the mac god, because no other mac fisherman I've heard of can do that. Ya show us some pics.
[signature]
where were you finding the lakers are they still up in andvil? they should start moving into swim beach pretty heavy soon.
[signature]