Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake?
Planning a trip to Fish Lake the end of this month. Can any of you guys clue me in to how to go after the Macs there? I do have a boat and downriggers. I need to know what kind of lures to get. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.[unsure]

Thanks
[signature]
i have heard that flat fish work well for the macks, there are alot of weeds there so bring some extra lures, work along the weedlind and there is a place called the eagles nest, it is a ridger with deep valleys to both sides the macks pile up on there, go after them really early or later, dont keep any to eat they taste awfull, if you want a good fish to eat there are plenty of splake, rainbows, and perch, the pearch are smaller but really tasty
[signature]
Any specific colors for flat fish? What size?
[signature]
im not positive but i do know that the macks in there prefer bows and chubs over the perch because of the bones, those are the colors that i would try first. i know how to catch splake late at night from shore though, i will have to ask my friend that works up there and the local sporting goods stores, to see if they can give me any other ideas for you.
[signature]
Tell me about splake.[Smile]
[signature]
ok at night the splake come up to feed at twin creeck on the north side of the lodge there are no weeds directly infront of the stream tie a wolly bugger on and cast it into the stream there you can add some sort of attracatant if you want but it is not nescessary. if you have kids you can have them fish from shore there also and they can catch perch and bows all day long with worms and power bait on smaller hooks. i have found that the colors of power bait doesnt matter all that much i bought some defective colored purple and yellow glitter stuff for $1 and caught 5 bows in about 30 mins just before dark, i also have done well with white (also defective) and lime twist
[signature]
i forgot to mention that later on in the season you can catch seagulls with powerbait. [cool]
[signature]
Thanks. I'm going to try for the macks but if that doesn't pan out we'll go for some splake or rainbow.
[signature]
What's the limit on seagulls? I don't remember seeing them in the proclamation. And do you have any good recipes?
[signature]
I know that this isn't what fish4fish meant, but please don't toss your flies, or lures into the stream (Twin Creeks). It is closed to fishing. Fishing in the lake, where Twin Creeks enters the lake, is open to fishing, and I'm sure that this is what fish4fish was meaning...
[signature]
[reply]
dont keep any to eat they taste awfull [/reply]
Sorry i should have clarified, the stream is closed to fishing all year long because it is where a good deal of the fish spawn, but where the stream enters the lake you can fish there.
[signature]
i dont know that you would really want to cook them up, instead i would rig them up for mac bait, see if they like the diet of trash fish [Wink] jk ( i know it is the state bird and their great great grandbirds ate all sorts of crickets)
[signature]