Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Bass
Hey guys. I'm new to the boad and new to Bass fishing. I'm looking to get some tips and pointers on how to bring em in down at Utah Lake. I've hit the Provo Marina a few times, and have tried a number of different jigs, and different rigging combos. Pulled in a catfish last night jigging for smallies. Anyways, any tips on what to use, colors, best time of day, areas, etc.? I don't have a boat, so I mostly just stick to the marina.

Thanks
[signature]
Do a search on this board for posts by Sturgeonkid or UTbass. There is a ton of info from them.

Good luck!!!
[signature]
Depending on where your fishing, you need to be inside the Harbor as close to the docks and bank as possible. Oh, I almost forgot ... Be very quiet! these fish have been in the lake since 1890 and have survived for a reason. They can hear everything.

Go To Baits:

1. Texas Rigged Tubes .. Green, white, brown are best bets.

2. Jig & Pig ... Black & Blue

3. Spinnerbaits [when windy] Chartruese & White with stained blades like copper or brass.

4. Shallow Diving Crankbaits [Summer]

5. Texas Rigged Creature Baits ... [ZOOM Brush Hawg]

This should get you started ...

The Bass in Utah Lake, Deer Creek & Jordanelle are protected. If you catch one over 12 inches long, they must be immediately released. They will pull the rod out of your hand and leave you crying. Don't approach these fish with no sissy line. He he he. These fish demand a good reel, line and rod.

SET THE HOOK!

Take lots of pictures so your non-beliving friends will have no ammo against you. I have heard many-o-giggles when I have said to them ... I caught a couple of nice Bass out of Utah Lake ... BAM Thank the lord for Digital Cameras!

It's your turn!

Good Luck Bro!
[signature]
[#800080][size 2]114 year old fish in Utah Lake? Where? Otherwise, great information. When you coming home?[/size][/#800080]
[signature]
Pretty funny ... You know what I mean ... Dork.

I am coming home mid-june

Then it's off to Never Never Land ... Disneyland.
[signature]
Awesome! Thanks guys for the tips. I'll give it a shot this week and let you know how it goes. Oh yeah, what is the best time of day to fish bass?
[signature]
Evenings ... Early Morning

In Fact, I used to go before work. Great way to start a day!
[signature]
Just before dark seems to produce best for me. or early morning, they hide out under the docks in the day time lurking in the shade. that is a good time to flip up to the edge of the docks with jig and pigs i like dark brown, black, or blue. also tube jigs flipped under docks work well in the day time.

JOe
[signature]