Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAZZUP??????
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey fellow floaters, is anybody doing any fishing? I can feel (smell) folks lurkin' in the background, but nobody is posting any reports...except yours truly and the recent Blue Lake report by Hustleman.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Seems to me that this is the time of year everybody should be getting out and getting up close and personal with the fishkind. If you do, we would like to hear about it...with pics if possible.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]We have covered most of the major topics peculiar to our funky fishing methods in numerous past threads. There aren't many issues we haved beat up pretty good. But, we always appreciate getting new info, new insights, new ideas or links to articles that might be of general interest to the rest of us.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]I guess, from the roaring silence on this board, that everybody is fishing in dry waders, with fins that fit, in tubes that don't leak, using sonars that are properly set up and with tackle that works all the time. The only remaining questions are whether or not you are catching any fish, where are you going and what baits or methods are you using to catch them.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]I guess I shouldn't make too big an issue of it. I know from present and personal experience that sometimes LIFE gets in the way of being able to do all the fishing we would like to. Almost every time we plan a trip, something comes up. If it is not a family crisis it is the weather, a car problem or just being too worn out to load up and head out.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]I am just now seeing some time back in my schedule, after getting my mother into a care facility. So, I plan to follow the advice I have handed out to a lot of other folks over the years. YOU DON'T FIND TIME...YOU MAKE TIME.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Enough soapboxin'. I appreciate all of the contributions and the chatter you fellow fisherfolk have brung to the board in the past. Now, let's all get out there and start some new success threads.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
I for one am dying to get out in the tube but my Saturdays are full of soccer games for a few weeks so my fishing has been quick trips after work and on the bank.

FM
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey, man, fishing is fishing. The best time to go fishing is whenever you can get away. [/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]We would all like to be able to take off on two week non-stop fishing trips to exotic places. But, the reality is that a high percentage of the fishing most of us do is just a quick getaway now and then. It's funny though, that over the years some of my most memorable trips...or at least single memorable incidents...have been on those quick "brain broom" shots on waters close enough to make it worthwhile for a couple hours fishing.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]When I was in the real estate business, selling property and homes in the Sierra "foothills" above Sacramento, we had a list of office "rules". One of those was that all agents had to keep fishing tackle in their vehicle at all times, and that any new body of water we encountered on our drives in the hills had to be fully "investigated". We each found and shared some fun little "trickle cricks" and small ponds that made it possible for us to stop before, during or after office hours for a few therapeutic casts. Amazing what some fishing will do to restore reality.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]It do sound like you have a full schedule. I hope you can be creative enough to squeeze out some quality time on the water, and that the fishies cooperate too. If a fisherman is not too much of a purist, it is amazing the amount of fun you can have just playing with some carp, sunfish or other "second class" denizens of urban lakes and park ponds. At least you are doing something fishy.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey, I finally got my fins wet on Saturday. Went up to the Berry. I fished with flies lures and vertical jigging in combo with my sonar. The flies and lures caught bigger fish but the jigging produced by far the most hits and fish caught.

FM
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 3]ALLLLLLLL RIGHT![/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 3]What colors and patterns seemed to be working the best...and what depths?[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Well....for flies the best was a bugger with a copper beadhead, copper body and a black tail. For lures I used a Jakes and had a big fish on for a short time and also caught a couple small ones and for jigs I used a 3" chartruse tube with anchovy smelly jelly. There were fish from 5 to 15 feet of water along the shore and I a lot around 30 feet out in the bay.

FM
[signature]