Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recipe??
anyone have a 'special recipe' for trout?

I'm wanting to try something new....goin home after work and cooking the trout i caught last night.
[signature]
Not much of a recipe, but a great marinade!

Stop by Albertsons and go over to the section with the marinades. There is one that looks a lot like a wine bottle (wish I could remember the name). It has foil around the top, and a red/orange label. I think it says something about cajun, or hot cajun, or something. I think they also have the same think in a tan label that isn't as hot, but I would go with the red.

I just soak the fish in that and cook them on a griddle. Caution!! the fumes from it about choke you! Keep it covered and cook outdoors if possible. I have a griddle on my campstove I use. I put some on the fish and inside the fish, and keep it covered to keep the vapors in. I even put a little more on while it's cooking (that really chokes you!)

It's the best stuff for fish or Chicken I have had! Just don't directly inhale the fumes while it's cooking or you will really be coughing!
[signature]
Place fish in a casarole dish. cover with onions, any type of squash I use summer of skinned zuchinni the peel makes the squash bitter, salt, pepper, lemon juice, I also put salsa on top of it all cover with foil until vegies are soft and cooked.

or you could make fish tacos. Here is the link for fish tacos

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=59824;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=59824;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]
Go check out the recipe board. TubeN2's got some great stuff over there. I've got some good ones from that board. [Smile]
[signature]
You are welcome to come over to the recipe board. There are plenty of recipes to share. Just about any of the recipes for Trout, Salmon, and Steelhead can be interchanged and used on the Macks as well.[cool]

Come on over!!!![Smile]
[signature]
well i went with the 'cajun marinade' suggestion for tonight. i have printed the other suggestions and will try them out over the summer. my own personal favorite is to clean the fish leaving the head and scales attached, coating it in Krustez pancake mix with a little salt and pepper, then frying in very hot oil. Ideally this is at a campsite over a fire in a cast iron skillet.

However in Oregon i was used to smaller fish...this one won't fit in the skillet...lol

i'm gonna used the marinade and then cook it wrapped in aluminum foil on my BBQ.

by the way, where is the recipe board???

thanks for all the input! [Smile]
Just click on the main index, and you'll see a whole list of boards. There you'll find the recipe board. Good luck and enjoy.
[signature]
[reply]
well i went with the 'cajun marinade' suggestion for tonight. i have printed the other suggestions and will try them out over the summer. my own personal favorite is to clean the fish leaving the head and scales attached, coating it in Krustez pancake mix with a little salt and pepper, then frying in very hot oil. Ideally this is at a campsite over a fire in a cast iron skillet.

However in Oregon i was used to smaller fish...this one won't fit in the skillet...lol

i'm gonna used the marinade and then cook it wrapped in aluminum foil on my BBQ.

by the way, where is the recipe board???

thanks for all the input! [Smile] [/reply]
Let me know how you like it. I love the stuff.
[signature]
it was very flavorful, although i don't usually like seafood that spicy.

will definitely being using that marinade on chicken and maybe try it on some pork chops as well
one of my favorite recipes is to take some KRUSTES buttermilk pancake mix and mix in a little bit of lemon pepper and buttermilk ranch mix and whatever other seasonings you like, then cut up some green peppers and onions and cook with butter or peanut oil. Or if you just want the flavor of the fish mainly just put some butter and lemon in a pan with a little bit of water, cover with tinfoil and bake in the oven (also add a little salt and peppper).

Jed
[signature]
go the top of the post whrer it says next thread watch thread etc. right above that and to the left click on main index this will take you to another set of boards scrool down to the fish and game recipes boards or just use the link below

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=101;"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=101;[/url]to
[signature]
Be sure to check the board regularly. I do add recipes from time to time and as they are requested by the special request thread.
[signature]