Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pumphouse Cove
Quote: I like going to Pumphouse Cove because it's has everything a shore fisherman wants.

Powermaker posted about this place in a post i found from a few weeks back, and was curious by what was meant by " everything a shore fisherman wants " ?

I doubt I'm going to gov't wash anymore, and am looking for other places try my luck, 'specially when I get that new 12'ft Carp Rod import from Mr UPS man within the next 10 days...

can anyone fill me in ?
[signature]
hes on vacation for few more days, he'll be back soon to tell ya i'm sure . .

sm
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2] Hey Black, Pumphouse Cove is protected from boat and PWC traffic. It has weedy shallows for Black Bass, although they have eluded me so far. It has deep water 35' to 50’, for Catfish and Striper. It has shelved points and big drop-offs, all reachable without too much walking. I see you’re into carp, on numerous occasions there have been carp all over it, typically surface feeding in the mornings. Also they are found in a few smaller coves around there. I started moving to other parts of the lake because of the Trout plants, too many people were showing up and Pumphouse got crowded fast. If I can help anymore let me know. [/size][/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David [/font] [/size]
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Southernman, what I when on, I couldn't call a vacation, it was more like a trip to technology hell. LOL[/font] [/size]

[signature]
Well, I just need places of Ingress is all. That does sound like a decent place, specially the boating limitations...

Could you give me directions coming from Henderson or Las Vegas to get there ?
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] From Henderson, take Lake Mead Drive until it turns into Lakeshore Road (don't turn at the Northshore Road turnoff), you'll pass the old Las Vegas Marina, down a few miles you'll see signs for the Hatchery, the next left turn is for Saddle Cove (it has a sign). That's the one you want, you'll come to the first fork in the road, right will take you to Saddle Cove, left with take you to Pumphouse Cove if you stay left all the way too the water that's Pumphouse Cove (B5). Hope my directions aren't to confusing. [/font] [/size]

[signature]
download this map BlackAdder . . .

and here's where i got it . .

[url "http://www.nps.gov/lame/maps.html"]http://www.nps.gov/lame/maps.html[/url]

[Wink]

sm
[signature]