Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
canvas top
any one got a tube with a raisable roof for rain and shade?
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey Dave, there ya go again. Tryin' ta stir up the float tubers. It's kinda like the joke about the guy who had too many kids and asked his Catholic priest for the okay to use some birth control. When the priest said he could not allow it the guy says "How come you get to make the rules when you don't play the game?"[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]If you really wanna know, I don't have a cover or umbrella because I am well sheltered by the second deck on my craft. But, there is a lot of "overhead".[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Actually, while there is not any such accessory manufactured for tubing, some guys tuck in a small fold up umbrella in their craft on days when there is a chance of rain. When fishing in wetter climates than Arizona, I have been known to carry a top part of a set of rain gear. In a quick rainshower, I have also used a large black plastic bag to pull over me until the waterworks shut down.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]The two big considerations every time you add something to your original craft are bulk and weight. A popup umbrella or sun shade would add to both. So, most of us just plan our trips to avoid rain...or too much sun.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Don't know as I would want to fish with a tuber who got too "foo foo". Heck, I got plenty of extras on my craft already, but they is for fishin'...not for purty or for silly comforts.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
but hey think about how fast you could get to the other side of the lake when the wind comes up and catchs that sucker LOL
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff][size 1]Hey Chris, good thinking. BUT...doncha know that Murphy was a float tuber (Murphy's Law)? Sure, the canopy could make a dandy sail, but in float tubing when the wind comes up, it always blows in the wrong direction. [/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]In the morning, going out, you have to fight the waves to get to where you wanna fish. Then, in the afternoon, when you are ready for a relaxing kick back to your vehicle, the wind turns around and blows a gale directly toward you, from the direction of your vehicle. It gets you coming and going.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]No thank you. I gots no desire to practice my parasailing while in a tube full of favorite fishing gear.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]