Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Victor,ID
[unsure][#004000][size 1]Hey Idaho tubers,[/size][/#004000]

[#004000][size 1]What kind of tubing conditions can one expect to find in the Victor area in August? Am planning to bring my tube on a trip to Victor in August but having never been to the area have no idea what to expect.[/size][/#004000]
[signature]
the teton river runs the length of the valley, but is not deep enough in many places to float tube....the south fork of the snake over by swan valley will be low but probably too big for just a tube....paliSades reservoir is too big and many times too windy....best bet in august is either island park reservior or henrys lake...........
[signature]
[cool][#004000][size 1]Hey there fishcat - thanks for the feed back.[/size][/#004000]
[signature]
I've floated the upper Teton River in my float tube and would recommend it as long as you only do it in the valley were the water is calm. Most of the river is shallow enough that you can touch the bottom but it is a nice float if you have a shuttle or someone willing to pick you up downstream. Most of the land surrounding the Upper Teton River is private property but the nice thing about Idaho is that the stream bed is part of the public right of way. Check out page 12 of the fishing regs for details.

I've seen guys on the South Fork in float tubes but that would be very dangerous and you would be better off just wading. The only real place to get out in a tube by Victor is Trail Creek Pond which is mostly a "planter pond". If you are willing to drive a little ways there are numerous good places to fish out of a tube.
[signature]