Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Board?
Seems to me that guys who want to keep things the way they were (colder water species) to use a simpler term. Are chastised and regarded as kooks. I dont keep tabs but I've had a few of my own posts erased because they get to controversial apparently. I've agreed to disagree with many of you. But in this format its a excellent way to voice you're beef. I think it can only promote more activism. The reason we have the greatest country in the world is because you get to voice you're opinion w/o any consequence from big brother. Now in the popularity world you're on you're own. If you run around being a jerk. Nobody will like you? I dont think so. Which brings me to my point. I real hard to want to post a fishin report especially when it was blazing hot to guys that have a totaly different mentality. All my fishn buddys are members but say they would ever post. In my crowd BFT is a source of contempt but it brings out good debate. I've suggested two discussions one for multi species and one for trout and fly. I think if people respected each forum for what they are we would get twice the response. Kinda like a bar it wouldn't be cool for a gay guy to go into a cowboy saloon and start kiss up on them. Wait that would be really funny. Anyway get my drift. suggestions?

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3](edit) Moved posts (different subject matter) from censorship thread to it's own thread - BLM[/size][/font]
[signature]
FishinA,

I think we should keep just one board. Because alot of us fish any species that will bite the hook on the end of our line. There are some diehard Trout or walleye or whatever fisherman that if you post about fishing for a species that is'nt "their thing" than they post a snide remark. I just take these as lite humor and move on to the next post. I myself have only given general fishing info in my posts. For example I will say went to Strawberry and had a good day fishing, caught some fish on such and such. Why because I've seen people ripped on here for saying they always catch fish or caught a big one. Some of us just have the knack. So just tell your freinds to post in some form and not worry about the naysayers. I will start posting more fishing trips to help this along. Because all that really matters is I know what did catch and how big they were. And that is all that really matters. Not what someone on a fishing board thinks. I use this board to pass time at work and home when I can't be fishing. And will start to offer more detailed info on my fishing trips for others to use how they fill fit.

John
[signature]
isn't kind of hipocritical when people say i"ll never post anything but check to see how the fishings doing at certain spots from other people posting.

Now you can say want you want but its just down right selfish, and thats whats wrong with this state, not the different kinds of fish and opinions.
[signature]
There are a lot of people that fish for trout on this site and I have read very few negative replies to their post. I think a lot of people don't care for the guys that keep every big fish they catch, especially when it takes so long for them to get that big. Sorry if you have had some bad experiences here on BFT but don't give up, there are a lot of good guys here and most want to hear your trout fishing stories. As far as another board goes, I think we have plenty of boards already, if things get out of hand the moderators always step in, so try posting your trout fishing trips again and see what happens. WH2
[signature]
To any long time members.

Have you noticed new members posting and using the site alot when first here but after a day or two you never here from them agian? I dont know if this is common or not. But it was kinda my case. there are thousands of members but I only notice chat from the same 50 guys. Im sure hundreds visit but dont ever post. Probably because they feel like a gay guy in a cowboy bar.
[signature]
And how does a gay guy in a cowboy bar feel? LMAO [shocked][unsure][sly]!!!! Just kidding. That was way to opened up to resist.

That is the great thing about this sight. Nobody has to post. Nobody is required to post. Anyone is welcome to sign up. You can read all the post you want and get all the info you can without anyone ever knowing you are there. And the only thing that is asked in return is to follow a few simple rules. Keep posting and you never know you could become #51. Good luck, and happy posting.
[signature]
For tha sake of humor he feels out of place. Unless its a gay cowboy bar but thats a whole new discussion.[sly]
[signature]