Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relax I'm out for a while!
I'm not sure if I like the controversy as much as I wanted to become a brook trout. I've made it and you all wont have to put up with me for a while. Never fear I'm a thinker and when I return I'll have may more agitating subject to banter. lol lol[sly]

Oh ya! what is my next fish and how many posts to get there? I dont need that big list. just whats next.
[signature]
BYE????[crazy]
[signature]
I just left the Brookie ranks for a WeakFish?!*

Weakfish[Image: drumweak.jpg]

[font "Arial, Helvetica"][size 3]Family Sciaenidae, DRUMS
Cynoscion regalis
[/size][/font]
[font "Arial, Helvetica"][size 2]Description: dark olive or blue-green back; sides covered in tones of blue, purple, lavender, gold and copper; irregular diagonal rows of vaguely-defined dark spots appear above the lateral line; 1 to 2 prominent canine teeth usually present at tip of upper jaw; black margin on tip of the Tongue; pelvic and anal fins yellow; pectoral fins olive on outside, yellow underneath; mouth yellow inside.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica"][size 2]Similar Fish: other seatrouts.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica"][size 2]Where found: an Atlantic coast fish, possibly found in the extreme southeastern Gulf; adults move INSHORE and north during warm months inhabiting the surf, inlets, bays, channels and estuaries; adults move OFFSHORE and south during cold months; juveniles inhabit estuaries which serve as nurseries.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica"][size 2]Size: 2 to 3 pounds.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica"][size 2]*Florida Record: 10 lbs.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica"][size 2]Remarks: may mature as early as age 1; spawns in NEARSHORE or estuarine areas between April and October; schooling fish; feeds primarily on shrimp and fish.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica"][size 1]* The Florida records quoted are from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission's printed publication, [url "http://marinefisheries.org/guide.htm"][#0000ff]Fishing Lines [/#0000ff][/url]and are not necessarily the most current ones. The records are provided as only as a benchmark.[/size][/font] [center]
[/center]

Stay in touch.
[signature]
I was bummed when that happened to me, too!! LOL
[signature]