Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Report 5/14/04
Fished east canyon today with my father-in-law. fished from about 7am till 9:30am caught 25 fish and took home a limit to eat, trolled out infront of the boat ramp at 1-1.7 mph nothing over 15in but was steady fun action and the wind was alittle cold, used black and silver flatfish behind popgear
[signature]
Thanks for the report Petty. It's good to hear that the fishing is picking up at East Canyon. I want to take my float tube up there. Besides woolly buggers, what do you fly fishers use for reservoirs like East Canyon and Causey?
[signature]
Did you see anyone catch fish from the shore?
[signature]
didnt see anyone on shore. we where the first ones one the water and about 6 more sowed up by the time we left.
[signature]
Great report. I am thinking of heading up there tomorrow.
[signature]
I haven't yet fly fished East Canyon or Causey yet, but on other still waters of similar size and geography, my standard technique is to use a small nymph dropper behind a bugger type attractor. Most productive for me have been [size 1]Pheasant[/size] tails, zebra midges, copper jons, and rock chucks. (A rock chuck is much like a hare's ear, only without the ribbing and tied with marmot fur.) I've also tied up a few "rainbow warriors" that I have yet to try, but several hard-core fly fishers I know swear by them.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Hey Petty, what is the water level like up to East Canyon?[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
y dont you take me up there tomarrow and ill show ya. just kidding about 10-15ft from full
[signature]