Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bag limits...further info needed...
Okay so lets say I am on a weekend up at the Gorge...

I have a full stringer of fish....if the limit is say 4 trout in the aggregate, and I have 3....and the limit is 10 bass and I have 8 but the limit on the lake is....say......10 fish...am I in violation of the proclamation? If you can only have 10 fish....is that of any species when they list them differently in the regs for the Gorge? so i dont have quite a limit of trout and bass...but do these two fish count as if they were all one kind of fish? I guess what I am asking is when it talks about only 4 fish in the aggregate and I have say 4 fish each of two different speicies, bass and trout, does that get me ticketed or not? I have never been able to determine this and wondered about it...

say a lake has a 4 trout, 6 walleye, 4 bass limit.....and a 6 fish in the aggregate limit set...does that mean I can catch 4 trout, 6 eyes, and 4 bass...or am I limited to only catching and keeping 6 fish no matter what they are?

HELP!

laters,
[signature]
SYNONYMS for Aggregate

Aggregate = collective

Aggregate = total

Aggregate = combined

Aggregate = cumulative

Aggregate = amassed

Aggregate = summative

With this you be the judge, I'd say it means 10 fish is 10 fish!
[signature]
Anymore, it is almost mandatory to carry a Proclamation to keep up. [Sad]

Here is the deal on the Gorge: You can possess 22 total game fish. Of those 6 can belong to the trout family, but of those 6 only 3 can be Kokanee and only 1 a lake trout over 28". A change from years past is that all 6 can be lake trout provided only 1 of those lakers is over 28". You can also possess up to 10 members of the bass family (LMB or Smallies) with no size restrictions. Finally, you can also keep 6 catfish (again with no size restrictions)

I think some of the confusion may lie with some of the urban fisheries where the limit is "4 fish in the aggregate". This of course means that only 4 fish may be kept regardless of species.

I guess the moral of the proc. is that if it says "4 fish in the aggregate" it means 4 total fish, regardless of species. If has different limits for species of fish, the "aggregate fish limit" is found by adding all those different species limits.

Hope this helps.
[signature]
You're right buddy, whenever I go fishing before I hit the water I always look up what the limits are now days.
[signature]
and don't forget the bonus 4 brook trout, if that's even still in there.
[signature]
Its still there for the Upper Provo river along the Mirror Lake highway
[signature]
Also keep in mind aggregate limits are typically a limit placed on specific bodies of water, whereas bag limits are what you can have on your possesion at any time (freezer, cooler, ziplock baggie, fish stringer). The proc is the guide and the law.
[signature]