Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Jordan below 33rd report
I got down there for a couple hours this evening. I had a bit of homework due, so I couldn't fish for long. I decided to try some new areas. I went directly behind the cultural center, and I found a new excellent spot. Sorry, no specifics. However, I will say it drops off to about 10 feet fast, and has solid rock bottom. I started off with my decker lake rigup, with a 1/2 oz. sliding sinker and a worm/liver combo. After half an hour of sitting there, my pole doubled over and I got a big channel. Got it up after 5 minutes, and it turned out to be a 25"er. I didn't need dinner, so she went back. I casted back out, and nothin. Half an hour more, and nothin. So I changed to a gitzit and worm, and immediatly I got a perch, about 8". I tied into 10 or 12 more of them, and I got another BIG fish. It slamed me in the deep water, and just kept going. When I got him up, I just about had a heart attack. It was a monster 27" Walleye, that had a perch and my jig both in his mouth. I just had to release her. It mighta been that same one I caught last year down stream... Oh boy. I'm kicking myself in the arse now. I left the camra in the tackle box with most of the rest of my gear. Doh!!! Man, with just those 2 fish I coulda run away with the fuzzyfisher challenge. [Sad]Well, I'm headed down there tomorrow now. This time I'm dragging my baby brother and a couple camra's along just incase.
[signature]
[cool]Sounds like a blast, JK15. Question, which goes on first, the liver or the worm? LOL![Tongue] I hope one of these times you get some proof, uh, I mean pictures of one of these monsters you always seem to get into. Look forward to your report tomorrow. Good luck.
[signature]
Yeah I got to agree with Out4trout. If all your reports are accurate, then you are officially the best fisherman on this board. It's not so much whether you actually caught these fish or not. Just would be a shame if you had mislead anglers such as myself, who have tried spots you have recommended. Oh well, just find it interesting, that the person who reports far and away the most success on the board never posts pics.

Thats just me.
[signature]
Some other people calling his bluff, no can't be.

We've all heard the tales, now let's see some proof. I have a camera, digital even, I can take those pics and have them on the board in no time. I have to admit though, I really enjoy your stories, it reminds me of when I would read Huckleberry Finn as a kid.

Keep it up and let's fish
[signature]
Mabey this is a silly question, but what is a gitzit?
[signature]
It is "fishy" not ever showing pics but the Jensenkid also seems to have had his fair share of less then stellar fishing. It also seems that he spends a heck of a lot of time fishing - so based only on amount of time spent fishing he has got to lay into some big fish. That and he seems to know the Jordan extremely well. Thanks for all the reports JK15!
[signature]
Good job man !!. I believe your reports. I have fished around the same general area. ( no specifics ) I have got 2 walleye this year. Also I caught a bluegill. At this same spot I seen brown and rainbow trout swimming. Also seen some cats but I havent targeted those yet. These fish were all in the jordan. I would like to see some pics that would be way cool. Peace and good fishing !!
[signature]
Many moons ago I also hauled in a big female Eye in May with a fish in its yapper, but it was a whitie instead of a perch. Keep rippin' those lips TJK15!
[signature]
I personaly enjoy JK15's reports as much as any I see posted here. And I would love to fish with him sometime.

Cableguy
[signature]
I guess if you call less than stellar fishing 12 fish, huh? Personally it's not a big deal. However there are much better fisherman than him on here, and the fact that he always gets at least one 20 to 30 incher and or 12-15 fish. Especially with how up and down this seasons been. It just might be a good idea to post one of these 25" cats cutts or eyes, since he catches one about once a week.

Thats all.
[signature]
I just got back again (skiped 8th period to go fishin, go figure.) The wind screwed me. I could only fish jigs, so no wiskered fishies this time. It was a little slower tonight, but not much. Got 1 walleye, about 14", and a few whites and perch. No big fishies today. All of them came on a gitzit and red/black tube jig combo. Had to go it alone, so the picture of the walleyes and whites arn't official for the challenge.
[signature]
I'm not even close to being the best fisherman on here. That trip last night was the result of fishing for 4 strait nights. Those nights I walked along the banks, looking for a new good place to set up shop. Also, only 1 fish, a 10" carp. Not very good if I can say so myself. I don't always post my trips on here. 3/4 of my trips are complete disasters. I'm probly one of the only guys on here that can't buy a bite on willow pond. Till earlier this year I hadn't caught anything there.

I've fished the jordan for over a year now, and I don't think I've even scratched the surface. I get lucky. Plain and simple. I'm learning more every day, and I like to share it with you guys on here. I'm down there most nights, stalking the banks. So far, a grand total of 3 spots have yeilded good success. Believe me, I could get good grades in school and fish less, but who likes that?

If you don't want to believe my reports, don't. I do know I post my success, and now I'll even start on my failures. I havn't made up any of this. Maybe if I did I could get a decent grade in English.[Tongue]

The lack of pics simply has to do with $$$. My dang digital camra is in the shop. I had to borrow my little brother's crappy one today. I don't like being poor, but I can deal with it.
[signature]
A gitzit is a tiny tube jig. I get mine at walmart. In the redwood road and 45th(I think) walmart they've got the exact type I use. I think its a silver 1/16 oz type.[size 2]

Hashbaz, SWERV, coldfooter and cableguy, thanks for the support. I quite honestly can't see why they don't believe me. Such is life, though. If you guys ever wana get out fishin, just say the word![Smile][/size]
[signature]
I believe you and Im sure alot of the others do also. Just ignore the haters. Ive had some very successful days but have decided not to report due to the fact people are getting upset that small waters are being reported. I understand there view on this, As for me I am still experiencing very successful trips to this water on a regular basis but will not report on these trips due to this issue and for the fact people will not believe wich is cool with me this will just lead them to believe the fishing is not good at this spot and they will not show up. I think you put alot of fishing hours in and this is the key to being succesful. I have also read alot of your posts that have not been successful. So ignore the haters and keep posting your reports I really enjoy them. Peace
[signature]
You have a good attitude. Who cares whether someone believes your stories or not. They have no reason to disbelieve you. One of my favorite movies of this year is "Big Fish." In the movie a lot of stories are told and one of the main characters doesn't believe all of the tales. He comes to realize, however, that life isn't about the stories, its about the people telling the stories. The attacks on your credibility don't seem to be well-founded.
[signature]
I'm with you too TJK. U don't gotta prove anything. If someone on here wants to lie and bs a report, they need to get a life. If someone doesn't want to believe an honest report, THEY also need to get a life.

Good luck on your next trip out. When I was your age (17, 18) I went fishing 5 days a week in the summer, sometimes 6. During school I'd go 2 or 3 days a week. That's how I learned to fish Utah Lake, the Provo, Deer Creek, and others. Now that I'm in college and married, I get to go like once a month or less, so enjoy it while it lasts!
[signature]
believe or not it may seem outrageous or it may not. really doestn matter. if i posted all my reporst and the fish i have caught im sure i would be the biggest liar on the site. either way dont worry about it. as for anything do we fish for other people or for ourselves?
[signature]
X you do have a good point. However in the case of someone like yourself, everyone here knows the caliber of fisherman you are. You've pulled a monster of damn near every species out of damn near every water in the state. I do think however that J-Kidd and some others are a little defensive. When all that was said was it's a little odd he was doing extremely well, when most others were struggling. And he never posts pics. Thats it, no one is calling anyone anything.

Do expect if you aren't proven like X or some of the other extremely high caliber fisherman on this site. And you continue to have tremendous report after another, that it's just gonna leave a few ????. We just didn't want anyone on the board, wasting a day getting skunked at d-lake among other places, because of an inaccurate report.

It's all good, just don't be so defensive.

Tight Lines all.
[signature]
You are having much better luck with the Jordan than I am . Keep it up with the reports .I been hitting it about 2 times a week .I only got a 18" cat out of there this year and a few smaller ones , but will keep trying . I enjoy reading your posts even if you don't have a pics . I don't report all my fishing either and I fish about 6 times a week . I do remember you posting some pics before too . I hope to find a walleye too . Nice walleye .
[signature]
[cool]Dang, look at the big ole can of worms I opened? JK15, I was just kiddin' ya, bro, but it sounds like some of these guys are a bit more serious[crazy]. Good luck fishin'.
[signature]