Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard report, 5-17
Hit Willard tonight to try for some Wipers, and to start breaking in the new 4 stroke merc trolling motor. We pretty much stayed near the north marina, trolling around, and varying speeds for the break in procedure. We didn't mark many fish, and only managed to boat one kitty. We did see one boat with 3 small wipers, but that was it.

The water level is really not as high as I was hoping. There were parts of the north marina that were only 1.5 feet deep! So if you go, be very careful with bigger boats, and don't go too far south in the marina after you launch. We got my dads boat stuck in the mud there. I'm surprised they didn't dredge more of that place out. The chanel that they did dredge is plenty deep, but that won't do much good for luanching boats. They are also doing a lot of work around there as well, which surprises me, becuase the boating season is going to be really short this year. Oh well.

Our fishfinder didn't have a temp sensor, so I don't know what the water temps were.
[signature]
Good report but to bad you didnt slay the eyes. Man I need to get my butt up that way and give the Willard a shot some day.
[signature]
The water level seems to be droping a little. After I launch my boat at the north marina I don't drive over to the boat docks, I go the other direction and beach it to pick anyone up.
[signature]
Don't you remember the pictures I posted a couple of months back when the water was just starting to come up? The launch area is plenty deep enough as long as you don't go anywhere but out the channel. It makes it a little harder but MGB is right, the best thing to do is to pick up your partner at the shore of the channel, if you go into the harbor you risk dinging your prop or worse. WH2
[signature]