Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Pond Tuesday Night fishing class...5-18-04
Well it was the next to last class, Instead of haveing the class on ethics the DWR truck pulled up and decided to plant a few thousand bluegill into the pond...as they were pumping the fish into the water, the smallies were jumping up the damn tube eating the gills...what a sight..I saw 5 or 6 small mouth in less than 3 inches of water inhaling blugills...what a rush..time to fish.

Snapped on a black back silver/whitish belly size 5 rapala suspending with an orange slash on the throat....nailed a 2 1/2 pound smallie(guessing wieght) in the south west corner of the pond in the slop...great fish...let him go..went to find his big brother. walked around the rest of the lake no success on the rapala other than the one fish..did have a few trout follow but no takers.

Got out the fly rod, tied on a small green/olive fly with a white marker on top of it started to cast just out in the area infront of the picnick table area. No trout would take my offering, But in the 25 to 30 minutes I use the fly rod I had a plethora of gills fighting each other to get my fly...that was a bunch of fun catching tween 12 and 16 gills in a half hour...others using bait didnt seem to have the luck I did with my bug. good night, temps were good, low 60's I heard on the news later....had alot of fun..and not one kid with me.

let me explain.....less than 1/4 of the kids showed up.[Sad].probaly 6..4 of them were with their grampa who is one of the instructors...the other kids were used to fishing with the other techers..I was all alone....I wonder why these kids dont come..It must be with mom and dad..I would think..

Any way, next tuesday is the great finish to the class...fish fry...when they catch em the DWR guys fillet em and fry em on the griddle right there..so I hope the trout get stocked and the kids catch fish...I want to eat some trout...I do have 2 in my freezer that my daughter caught and I am waiting to get a few buddies for them before I introduce them all to my grill. [cool]

Laters,
[signature]