Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
baseball tradition change ?
Associated Press
NEW YORK -- "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" might not have quite the same ring at Yankee Stadium anymore.

The ballpark is bagging Cracker Jack in favor of Crunch 'n Munch, a competing caramel popcorn, Yankees spokesman Jason Zillo said Wednesday.

Cracker Jack has been part of baseball for more than a century and was immortalized in the sport's own anthem, which is played during the seventh-inning stretch at ballparks nationwide.

Zillo said the change was made in part because Crunch 'n Munch tastes better. The stadium's director of hospitality, David Bernstein, told The New York Times that the move was prompted by Cracker Jack's decision to make only bags, not boxes, of its snack.

Bernstein did not rule out switching back to Cracker Jack, and Charles Nicolas, a spokesman for Cracker Jack's parent company, Frito Lay, hopes it happens.

"Baseball historians would say Cracker Jack and the Yankees belong together," Nicolas said.
[signature]
[unsure]That's really a bummer when they have to mess with tradition like that. I'm sure it's just over a money issue.[unsure]
[signature]
same number of syllables though for the song . . .

'buy me some peanuts and crunch -n- munch . .

i agree thfat cracker jack has gone downhill, its usually stale, with barely any peanuts, for $5 at the park!

now if theyd replace those dodger dogs for a nathans or hebrew national, , ,

sm
[signature]
I'm not a fan of the Dodger dogs either. They have no flavor and are made only with the crappiest ingredients.

Go Hebrew National!!!! Now there's a dog with flavor. Those are awesome.
[signature]
yep , cracker jacks has gone down in quality thats for sure , just like the rest of the stadium goodies .
you would think at the high admission fees were paying now that the vended items would be conciderably less than what they are .
the last tigers game i took the kids to see was in the old stadium , just prior to it's closing . 1 adult ,3 kids and over $300.00 for the afternoon .
a family outing indeed , more like getting robed at second , the second you opened your wallet that is !
yea, hebrew nationals !
[signature]
I hope the next thing you wont tell me is that they wont be serving ball park franks any more[Tongue]
[signature]
I love my cracker jacks[cool]!! That is kind of funny that they changed it because it "tastes better" though lol[laugh]
[signature]
As long as they keep the $20 warm flat beer, I'm cool
[signature]
you buying it by the shotglass ? [crazy] lol ! i think the price is a little higher in motown .
[signature]
Actually in Anaheim they lowered the price of beer and the price of a ticket and brought in a lot of great players. So I shouldn't complain. Artie Moreno is the greatest owner in baseball.
[signature]
Hey shewicker, we gotta hook up one day at an Angels game. It would be a good chance to meet you and we could discuss fishing stuff. On the other hand we could hook up at a fishing hole somewhere and listen to the Angels game instead.
[signature]
cubs will be there jun 11-13 , im goin sunday - first time cubs ever played the angels i believe . . lookin forward to seeing that stadium, and watchin sosa, alou, and ramirez lauch one . . .

sm
[signature]
Those games sold out quick. Angels have a ton of injuries, but are still playing pretty well.
[signature]
yah up until yesterday the cubbies were tied for first, and we have our 2 ace pitchers out, sosa is out, gonzalez is out, we've got tons of injuries too . .

sm
[signature]
Are you making the road trip from Vegas? If so, there are a couple of good bars on State College you can go to before the game, or if you want to hang out in the parking lot, I can tell you the best place to park.
[signature]
yah driving over from LV, any help in any of those areas, including directions would be really helpful . .

thanks

[Wink]

sm
[signature]