Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT Willard Wiper Tournament 5-22-04
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] I wasn't real sure if we would get the contest under way or not as t he weather was not looking like it was going to cooperate. But as most of you know everything went just fine. There were some very nice Wipers caught and the participation was great.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] I am trying to post a few pictures here so bare with me here.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]It sure was fun until I dinged my prop and skeg! @&$^#%&!!!! Lots of great guys out there fishing for bragging rights. Here's a picture of the winners.[/size][/font] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4569;][/center] [center]3rd Place - FishNFool [#ffffff].......[/#ffffff]1st place - BLM [#ffffff]...........[/#ffffff]2nd place, MGB
[/center]
[signature]
Dan! You cut the tail off the fish![unimpressed] LOL

The weather was'nt looking too good at first but the first couple of hours it was great then it got a little rough. HA69 and stayed untill 9:00pm and the last couple hours of day light water was smooth. We ended up boating 20 fish (6 walleyes and 14 wipers). The biggest walley was 19" and the bigest wiper was 20.5". It was a great day on the water. I included pics of BLM 24" wiper and a couple wipers caught by HA69 and myself plus a real pole bender of HA69 and one of HA69 first willard walley. HA69 could'nt keep them off his hook the last couple hours.
[signature]
Thanks for the great day on the water . Finally got a eye today , and I believe it has been 10 years since my last one . I did learn one lesson today is to lighten up on the drag on big fish because they can break your line in a heart beat . I know I am a big fan of wiper now .
[signature]
Would you guys kindly let me know when the next wiper tournament will be held? I know you guys had a huge blast catching fish!
[signature]
Hey BLM that shirt just made me homesick! I know a wiper is a cross between a stripper and what else?
[signature]
Striper and white bass Ocean.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The Capt. Harry's Shirt, ocean?[/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Curious BLM. do you measure your cigars by the inch or by the pound? Metric or????[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Looks like a good had was timed by all. Wish I coulda been there. (Maybe before the end of summer)[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hey! A man is entitled to a few libations. That's all I ask. Funny thing is, I only smoke cigars when I'm fishing. Go figure...[/size][/font]
[signature]
My girlfriend knocked hooked a 16 inch wiper on Saturday (her 1st one) It was funny watching her reel that in. She is too used to 10 in perch through the ice. She is also a wiper fan
[signature]
thats cool can you tell me more about your fishing expirences please[unsure]
[signature]
Hey BLM I wacked my prop both in and out of the marina saturday..It took until after the weigh in to realize that you had to hug the bouys..two feet iether direction and Whack..There's a prop shop on antelope drive that'll fix it up like new...Pretty reasonable price too..
Skip.
[signature]
Yes i used to buy my salt water gear there when i lived in miami.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks for the tip, Skipthelurker. I've got a turbo performance stainless steel prop. I had it re-pitched after I dinged it last year and when I got it back I lost 6 mph and 250 rpms plus it didn't "bite" like a stainless should and broke loose like an aluminum. The guy could get the pitch right but couldn't re-configure the cup in the blades to maintain the performance characteristics.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Today, I ran a new turbo on my boat and had all the performance characteristics a performance s.s. prop should have. You'd be amazed at the difference. I could lay the boat right over and that new prop would continue to grab in 6" of water. An aluminum would of broke loose in 12". I got all my speed and rpms back. It would actually lift to the best plane possible for my hull design.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]What's this mean? My damaged prop is going back to the factory. They charge an arm and a leg to re-pitch and re-configure your prop but hopefully it will be back to new condition and perform like a new one.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hey ocean. Capt. Harry's is a great place for saltwater tackle. The selection is good and the prices are comparable plus their shirts rock! Ha! Sorry I made you homesick but I also hope it reminded you of good times too.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Later, guys![/size][/font]
[signature]